Temulus Lune Build Report

Started by goodrevdoc, August 13, 2006, 08:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodrevdoc

Just finished this one today. Great sounding trem unit! A few questions though.
1). The smooth pot doesn't seem to do anything
2). The spacing pot, when turned anti-clockwise, cuts out the rate LED the more you turn it
3). The mod at fuzzcentral with the SPDT center off switch doesn't affect the sound much, just speeds it up, not quite like the rate doubler, which works great, but somewhere in between
The pot values used were the following:
Depth: 1KB
Speed: 10KB
Fine: 1KB
Smooth: 500KB
Spacing: 500KB
The LED is a UV LED, Clear lens, pretty bright when spacing pot is clockwise.
Sorry if these have been covered, but a quick search didn't turn up much.
Many thanks to commonsound for the excellent design and tonepad for the awesome layout
-justin

jimbob

I put mine togather about a week ago and it sounded great. $uperpuma built mine, I just wired it up.
QuoteThe mod at fuzzcentral with the SPDT center off switch doesn't affect the sound much, just speeds it up, not quite like the rate doubler, which works great, but somewhere in between
Sur eyou have it wired right. Mine didnt do a lot either til I realized I wired the pot wrong. Its really a noticable difference of the normal smoooth verus choppy.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

markm

Was your build from the Tonepad layout?

tiges_ tendres

my build was from the tonepad layout, and my smooth pot doesn't do anything either.
Try a little tenderness.

$uperpuma

someone should post this to Dann over at commonsound, or do a search over there... he doesn't really like to support this layout because its so old... but we should know whats up... unless FP has some help for us here...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

markm

Quote from: $uperpuma on August 13, 2006, 10:09:44 PM
someone should post this to Dann over at commonsound, or do a search over there... he doesn't really like to support this layout because its so old... but we should know whats up... unless FP has some help for us here...

N,
Is your build the "older" version?
  MarkM

$uperpuma

Yeah the one I built and the one I did for jimbob are both off that tonepad layout... when I was building my first one, I was having LED/LDR probs (their resistances stray a bit sometimes...so some things have to be adjusted sometimes) I posted on the commonsound forum and Dann Answered my questions on the forum and through PM's..but noted that the tonepad layout is an older versino of the Trem Lune... but I like the compact PCB so I use that one. He has updated layouts and all the mods on his site, etxra LFO's doublers... anythign that can add another knob or switch, Dann likes it :)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

markm

:icon_lol:
Very true.
I've been wanting to do the TP one myself for the same reasons.
Good luck with it, I'm going to build one soon....I gotta!!

goodrevdoc

yes my build was from the tonepad layout. i liked the compactness and didn't think it was that out of date, so i went with it. i guess i'll check over at commonsound, just wondered if anyone here had a quick fix. never hurts to check. if i find out anything, i'll post here.
-justin

Torchy

Firstly a UV led has completely different If and Vf to a normal LED so the spacing control will restrict the amount of current at the limits of travel. Why didnt you use a normal LED to prove the circuit works and THEN futz about with subs ?

Secondly the schematic on the Tonepad site is minimally different to that on the Commonsound site and has no bearing whatsoever on whether it works or not. The layout by FP is (in my view) the best one available. I have built several from that layout, they all worked and the mods were easy to apply. All the controls work, none are really subtle (they are all noticeable), and its the best trem you can build. Just change the component values for the newest schematic.

You could try raising or lowering the 10nF feedback cap to help the Smooth control.

Lastly, if the ramp mod is affecting the speed then you have messed up somehow - it should change between smooth and choppy trem, speed is not affected.