Tremulus popping

Started by hilbi, August 16, 2006, 04:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hilbi

I hav ebuilt the tremulus lune from torchy's vero layout.  It is working, the control work and the tremolo is sounding good. But I have popping on more extreme settings at low speed.

I have searched the forums and the solution in other topic's is to put a o.oo1uF cap across the trimpot and a 100uF from V+ to gnd, I did this but i still have popping. The problems goes away when I turn on antother pedal after the tremulus lune.

I increased the cap accrros the trimpot to 0.002uF but still poping.

I use a VTL5C2 as ldr/led.

Anyone an idea?
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

tiges_ tendres

I had the same problem with mine.  Mine was fixed by changing the led/ldr combination.

Hope that helps.
Try a little tenderness.

alfafalfa

Hilbi,

I just finished mine and am delighted about the sound.
The problem you describe I ran into as well. Mine started  cutting out at certain settings of the depth contro and the spacing level. I made my own pcb from the Fuzz central site but changed it to the the commond sound schematic. I used  a regular ldr and a small red led, works great !!
The chopping sound of the lfo I remedied by putting  a 330 pf  cap across pin 6 & 7 of the TL72 chip.  This did the trick for me.
I find the sound brightens up compared to the bypass sound. It sounds like there is a buffer engaged.
Did you notice this too ?

Hope it helps !

Alfafalfa

hilbi

thanks guys!

I was reading this thread as well http://commonsound.org/fud/index.php?t=msg&th=408&start=0&S=7f169ae31b2491678ed4c04384103d2e I tried everything on there, the last part talk about the audio stage. My tremulus was also very loud, so I could only use the lower poart of the 100k trimpot. I lowered it first to 22k, this did not help. Then I tried a 4,7K trimpot on that posistion and that did the trick, the ticking is gone in any setting/speed. and I can dial in the volume to a little over unity gain.
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp