Torchys BSIABII veroboard layout... switch problems.... HELP!

Started by p_funk, August 23, 2006, 11:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_funk

Hey all,

Long time since I've posted here... going through a divorce and moved to a new state.  I haven't been building in a while but just got back into it.  I decided to build a BSIABII using Torchys veroboard layout and have never used veroboard.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to wire the offboard wiring.  The pots are included in the layout, but I can't figure out the switch... they've always been my weakness.  If anyone out there can help me out or give me a layout or something to go by... that'd be great.  It's been soooo long since I've looked at electronics, I can't remember much and I know that's my problem.  I really want to get this pedal going soon.  I have Torchys layout and the one from General Guitar Gadgets and just can't seem to make sense of it.

Thanks,
P_funk

Gilles C

Here is a drawing of the FootSwitch in the Bypass and in the Effect positions.

Note that the Input of the Effect is connected to Ground when the FootSwitch is Bypassed.

I hope it can help you.

Gilles

p_funk

Hey,

Thanks for the pic... that's exactly how I have the switch wired.  I'm having grounding problems now.  I don't know exactly where to connect all the grounds.  The LED comes on but I get nothing but buzzing... especially when I touch the output plug or the battery.  With the circuit off, I get the normal bypassed signal.  This stuff used to be soooo easy for me, but I guess it's not the same as riding a bicycle... I definitely can't remember so much stuff.  Where do all the grounds get connected?  Thanks for any and all help.

p_funk

captntasty

Never used Vero so don't take my word for it but I believe you could do one of two things - this is assuming we're looking at the same layout - the 5th strip down from the top is ground, you can connect all grounds from jacks, switch, etc. onto any empty pads/holes along that strip or create an offboard single ground point and run that into the 5th strip.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Torchy

Stephen

Off topic I built one a couple of days ago ....

You know I played that thing for 4 hours last night and cant get away from it!!!

What an extremely well thought out vero and layout....cant get enough of it :icon_mrgreen:

Man I have another vero because I got two ...little tight but with some patience I can do it in 2 and half hours..

This is the holy grail

And I thought my three germ fuzzes where the ticket GO FIGURE :icon_redface:

Well they are addicting for the sustain slide 2nd harmonics but the BSIAB II......puts a candle to it WAY TO GO GUYS!!

Its is nice to have this kind of stuff available for us to toy with YOU KNOW :icon_wink:

THANKS