Sparkle Boost! DragonFly!!! Where are you??!!!!

Started by milkwasabadchoice, August 30, 2006, 06:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkwasabadchoice

Ok, so i read the entire thread from last year about the introduction of the sparkle boost and OMG! i want to build one so bad!!!! Dragonfly, can you plaese email me the schematic and layout? jstulce@gmail.com that would be amazing I cant find anyhting about it! not a layout not a schemo... nothin. someone please save me! i am dying to build this SB. is there also a parts list somewhere? thanks to anyone who can help me out. I dont think i will be able to sleep untill this ting is on the breadboard but the only way that will happen is if i get a schematic...

thanks,
Jason Stucle

stulceamps.com

slacker

milkwasabadchoice

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU.... ok questions... what is the best transistor to use? does the stock NTE458 sound god or should i use something else? also, how do I measure the drain voltage in the FET? and set it with the trimmer. that is a new concept to me so I need some help understanding that.

thanks again for the help i cant wait to put this together!

Jason Stucle

stulceamps.com

milkwasabadchoice

JimRayden

Quote from: milkwasabadchoice on August 30, 2006, 09:06:56 PM
ok questions... what is the best transistor to use? does the stock NTE458 sound god or should i use something else? also, how do I measure the drain voltage in the FET? and set it with the trimmer.

*The J201 should do the job.

*You place your multimeter between drain (check the datasheet of your particular tranny and see which pin is that, it's pin3 for J201) and ground, then adjust the trimmer until it shows half the supply voltage.

---------
Jimbo

markm

As whacky as this may sound, I liked the sound of the 458 better.

Dragonfly

hi...sorry for the delayed reply, but im in the middle of moving....

sparkle boost...i *prefer* the sound of a NTE458, but a J201 is still very good in it...

someone already linked the schemo and layout...remember, the NTE458 is D-G-S and the J201 is D-S-G , so you'll have to make the appropriate adjustments if using a J201

also, for those wishing the SB had a bit more, and was able to do a bit better "light overdrive", try the Snakebite Boost, which is also in the "Booster Bar" in my gallery..

Rock on,
   AC

milkwasabadchoice

thanks for the help guys. really thanks. im sure i'll many more qustions. thanks for being teachers.

-Jason