HOW about the new looper stompbox form...BOSS

Started by Stephen, September 05, 2006, 10:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

They come out in Novenber.....how hard will it be to get one...

COST???

zpyder

I currently own the model from, I think, 2004... It's great.  I believe it's called RC-20XL.. I believe it was $299 when I bought it.

Love it, BUT I have one compaint  >:(  With one or two non-latching external footswitches, you can select the phrase you want to record/playback.  I think there are 11 or 12 different phrase locations.  Without a footswitch you have to bend over and turn the knob.  The footswitch deal works fine with my little SPST momentary switches - BUT- It will only go to phrase locations THAT ALREADY HAVE A RECORDED PHRASE IN THEM!!!  I can't go to a blank phrase.  WTF is that?  It pisses me off, wish I could do something about it...

Oh yea, and there's no option for external tap tempo that I can find...

cheers,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

I almost bought the RC20xl, but I needed a delay more, so I bought the DD20, which is really usefull with a 'loop' feature that records up to 23 seconds.

When i saw the small version of the rc20 I couldn't help but wanting to get one.

The external footswitch really makes a difference in the dd20, I'm sure it'll make even more of a difference with the RC20.

For how much will these sell?
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

zpyder

Fransisco-

Can you use an extrenal footswitch with the DD20 to select patches?  Tap Tempo?  Both?

cheers (and THANKS for the PCB's!)
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

puretube

Stephen

This pedal is coming out in november the size of a DS-1 and just like a stompbox...We all know the two button versions ...this will come out the same time as ZVEX ROCK distorsor something like that??

Seljer

this thing here for anyone that hasn't seen it: http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM06/Content/Boss/PR/RC-2-Loop-Station.html

and my guess since Boss is a large company it should be pretty easy to find once it hits the stores

Mike Burgundy

apparently the jam-along sucks (it really says that ;) typos are hilarious, or was it a slip?)
I know the RC20, own one and thoroughly enjoy it. It's bigger brother (RC50) has way better sampling quality (CD or better, the RC20 has audible quality loss) and 3 (three!) stackable, independant loops that can be quantized to each other, which is very cool if you are a loopaholic.
I do know I really need BOTH footswitches (start/record/dub/loop, and stop), plus I have an extra for the reverse otion. Don't mind bending over between songs to switch patches. I wonder what they thought up to just use one - probably just record/loop/stop in that order.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Ton,

That is one killer box, but I read somewhere that you can only have one project on the removable media, can you explain if it's possible to have an array of different loops/recording sessions on a single media card? I find it hard to believe, seeing all the other cool things it does.

Also, it's more expensive than the boss (as an alternative, it's 2x the price).

puretube

sorry Fp., I`m not yet too familiar with it...
:icon_redface:
(actually, that`s why I put a "?" in my post).

comfortably_numb

I have the RC-20, and while it's a cool box, there are definitely better out there.  I personally get more enjoyment out of my line6 DL-4.  The sound quality of the RC-20 is really terrible.  The non-looped signal is always going through some circuitry and it sucks tone like mad, even when not in use.  I've been wanting to build a true bypass box for mine so I could take it out of the chain.  As said before, the sampling quality leaves a bit to be desired.  I think the newer one (RC-20xl?) has an undo feature which is pretty cool.  Wish mine did that. 

There is a DIY solution to looping (though I forget the name of the circuit).  If I were going to get something I would probably start there to be honest.  The complex features of the manufactured products can be nice, but if the sound quality isn't there, then I think simplicity is still the best way to go. 

I'll say again though, I really love my line6 all the way around (sound quality, ease of use, etc...)  Plus it has some killer delays, which I mainly use it for. 

analogmike

We have the RC2 on order, list is $240, MAP  is $179. I will put one in my own board first :)
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

Ge_Whiz

Behringer will have one for $3.99 by next year, just wait and see.

Stephen

Sort of cant wait to see the tone and the quality ...maybe they have come a long wayt and improved on these devices.....I will get one for sure ...

Its little and I like that!!!