Rebote/PT2399 based delays "effects loops"

Started by sfr, September 09, 2006, 03:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

I guess I can figure it out if I play around enough, but maybe someone can save me some legwork.

I'm interested in adding a wet-signal only effects loop to a rebote delay, similar to what was done to a PT-80 over at Moosapotamus.net

Looking at the Rebote 2.5 schematic at Tonepad, would I want to pull the "wet" signal from the "Delay Out" marking on the schematic (off of pin 12 of the PT2399, before the 12k resistor), or wait until after it gets fed back into the PT2399, and tap it after it comes back out from pin 14?  (Between 12 and 14 is just a lowpass filter, correct?) Or perhaps it's best to tap it off of the level control?

sent from my orbital space station.

blanik

i modded mine for stereo, so i have the dry signal on one jack and ONLY the delayed signal on the other...
i lifted the outbound leg of the 33k resistor coming from the wiper of the level pot (and i changed the value of that resist. to 22k so i can have the wet signal louder if i need to), here's a pic on my reboote 2.5...
you can see the 2 black wires coming from over the small IC, that's where the 33k was, i just put wires there and put the resistor on the jack... (it's a switching jack so if i don't plug anything in there, the two black wires (and the resistor) close the loop and go back to the board so it work like the regular mono rebote (wet and dry mixed)

i had some problem in stereo mode when bypassing (3PDT true bypass) cause the sound stopped coming out from the second output (wet) so i had to use a millenium bypass for the LED and that gave me a free switch on the 3PDT... to sent a dry signal to the (wet) output when the effect is bypassed...

...but that created another problem! when bypassing in mono mode the now connected to dry signal closed switching jack would induce weird a sound when playing... bummer  :icon_mad: so i had to install a tiny micro-switch between both output jacks to cut the new wire when in mono... small sacrifice lol

R