News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Mini Qtron

Started by Bernardduur, September 11, 2006, 09:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Hello all!

Just for the legal issues: can I post the schematic of the Mini-Qtron here?
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

jrc4558

I dont know, but you can sure send it to mee! :D

R.G.

Ask your international IP lawyer.

In general, if you did not get the schematic by industrial espionage and did not sign an agreement to keep it secret, then yes, you may and there should not be legal issues. But the laws of your country and location may vary.

Whether there is a hue and cry about not snatching the bread from someone's children's mouths by doing so is another issue.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Bernardduur

Yes, and that is reason why I just wanted to ask

Mark Hammer

The resemblance between the assorted Q-Tron versions and the original Mu-Tron is more or less assumed.  I guess the question that lingers is whether there is anything notably altered in the Q-Tron, relative to the Mu-Tron which is worth mentioning here as a good idea, or in fact a sound reason to actually buy one rather than futzing around trying to make one's Neutron behave..  This does not require posting a schematic.

Bernardduur

OK, I won't post the schematic but will send it out by mail.......

About the schematic:
- The resemblence with the MuTron is big, yes, but only in the filter region
- The Envelope section is close to the Dr. Q one, not the Mu-Tron
- It uses 3x TLC2262CP for opamps and one P873-13 for the opto
- It does not use a bipolar PSU but uses 1/2V at the non-inverting input of the opamps

A nice pedal; not groundbraking but nice!

swt

i'm in for that schem, can you please send it to me??
swtnqn@yahoo.com.ar
Thanks a lot!!

terryljt

I need a schematic for a mini Qtron. Mine gives no sound on the BP section. Works perfectly on the others. Any ideas what the problem might be? Could you send me the schematic please? Thanks terryljt@hotmail.com

GibsonGM

Hi Terry and welcome....I doubt anyone from this thread is still around after 12 years!  But Maybe someone with the schematic will see it, and will send a link to you, AND me!!!  :)    I'd love to have a look. 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

rankot

Mark Hammer is still here :)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Kipper4

Welcome Terry.
I'd start by taking a look at the switching that selects between the different filter outlets. Meter it to see if the switch is working as intended. look for bad solder joints.
Audio probe the different outlets and see if they work without the switch.
Theres a schematic on the other forum. Google is your friend.

Rich
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Mark Hammer

Quote from: rankot on March 07, 2018, 02:24:23 AM
Mark Hammer is still here :)
Although my wife might say that I'm not all "there".  :icon_mrgreen:

GibsonGM

"Still here" sort of meaning, "still discussing this". But I bet between 1 or 2 of you, the schematic is still around...  :)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...