**** HELP Dallas arbitor FUZZ FACE ****

Started by fuzzchuff, September 12, 2006, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

&
4 (100%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

fuzzchuff

??? ive built 2 dallas arbitors one works great ,and the other its stuck at one fuzz level the pot doesnt change anything ive tested the pot and it is fine ive checked the wireing a million times and compared it to the working one. ive looked over the traces a few times with a loupe  their are no solder bridges or little wires or anything i made the pcb i test all the parts.is their any other reason why  the fuzz wouldnt be adjustable? this is killing me! heres where i got the schematic http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/fuzzface.html
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--  Albert Einstein

Ge_Whiz

Are you using the same guitar each time? Are you using any pedals between the guitar and the fuzz face?

fuzzchuff

me guitar and the pedals is direct into the amp,its the same setup on bolth pedals
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--  Albert Einstein

Roobin

1) What is the poll for? I don't really get the options...

Also when you say 'tested the pot' does that mean with a dmm? Try using the pot from the other FF - see what happens.

Ge_Whiz

Duh, it's simple - do you think "&" or "*"? Note we "&"s are WAY ahead.

Moonface

QSQCaito

Quote from: Moonface on September 13, 2006, 02:42:59 PM
ahahhaa. Voted for the &.  :P :P :P :P

3-0

if the question is "*" you dont have to answer "*" but "&".. pure logic..

bye, sorry for OT

DAC
D.A.C

Ge_Whiz

fuzzchuff

hahha the pole is only there becouse it wouldnt let me post my question unlees i added some values into the pole boxes it was anooying so i just typed whatever in them to fil lthe spot up so i could post my question :)
--  Albert Einstein

The Tone God

Quote from: fuzzchuff on September 13, 2006, 08:43:11 PM
hahha the pole is only there becouse it wouldnt let me post my question unlees i added some values into the pole boxes it was anooying so i just typed whatever in them to fil lthe spot up so i could post my question :)

Next time use the button NOT the button which creates a thread with a poll.

Andrew

petemoore

Since you're taking polls, the Pic looks a bit mift.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

fuzzchuff

i swaped out the fuzz pot and the 20.uf cap with tthe one fropm the pedal that  the pedal that works and still no change ??? what else could this be?
--  Albert Einstein

The Tone God

Follow the "DEBUGGING - What to do when it doesn't work" sticky and report back.

Andrew

P.S. You might want to change that avatar to a non-animated one.

Roobin

Yeh, let us know how it went with a multimeter. Alternatively use an audio probe. (that's on the Debugging page above),

p,s. having that signature may not be the most appropriate thing.

fuzzchuff

happy now! since you people dont like boobs or office space! geez!  :o
--  Albert Einstein