Byrds with distortion???

Started by StephenGiles, September 14, 2006, 05:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

I listened to some tracks from the Byrds Fillmore West soundboard recordings from 1970 on the way to work this morning. Gone were the clang of Rickenbaker 12 string, in was distortion and I think tasty lead guitar from Clarence White!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

Are these the ones on that Sugar Megs site?  I'll need to get to them later today.  That is an amazing amazing site.  So many thanks for posting that link.  I listened to most of a Todd Rundgren concert yesterday that I had heard (and taped) the first time it was broadcast in Toronto in 1978.  What a pleasure to be able to just call up these things and tap away at the keyboard at work with the headphones on!

I'm assuming that all those files with cryptic 'ph' or 'gd' beginnings are Phil Lesh or Grateful Dead?

mattumbi

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 14, 2006, 08:46:51 AMI'm assuming that all those files with cryptic 'ph' or 'gd' beginnings are Phil Lesh or Grateful Dead?

Yep, click cautiously round the "ph" list! You are right that's a tremendous site, really great stuff. I hardly need to buy cd's since finding it.