A/DA Final Phase

Started by Mark Hammer, September 15, 2006, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Zeerust2000 was kind enough to post a link to a German site with some manuals and schematics.  Lo and behold, what should I find there but the long sought-after schematic for the A/DA Final Phase pedal.

http://www.tasteundtechnik.de/123001.html

hairyandy

Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

puretube

anyone ever noticed,
that the guy who charges
for the "ADA-depot" schemos,
is from my birthplace?
(Gouda/Holland)...   :icon_eek:

StephenGiles

They are all asleep Mark, magnificent, many thanks. What is a 4047 doing there?......well there were a minute ago!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

did I ever mention, that in my 3rd schoolyear (`65) in "Bodegraven" (Holland),
about half an hour by bike north of "Gouda",
a girl shared our class,
that was the daughter of "Mr. Eminent" (organs)
(later to be better known through "Solina" organs, or "ARP" string ensemble?)
:icon_razz:

StephenGiles

Well, have you ever had a coffee at Amsterdam Airport from one of the large black Maas coffee vending machines? I used to work for the UK company.

Now, what is going on in ver 9 of the ADA Final Phase - not PWM by any chance?
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

yessir: switched resistors, it seems...

StephenGiles

Hi Ton, hope you are well. So could we be seeing a  4016 or 4066 do you think as the gates?

StephenGiles

Interesting one this, ver 9 of course has no part values except for the 4047 and 4007, and stages 1-4 and 6-7 are PW modulated whereas 5 and 8 are not, for reason's known by greater minds than ours. I suppose a good starting off point would be to use the same values as Ver 5 where the circuit is similar - any thoughts?

StephenGiles

Yes, looking at the ver 5 circuit the LFO looks very similar indeed, so I would use those part values and try the same all pass stage values as well. As for the PWM clock, your guess is as good as mine.

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: puretube on September 15, 2006, 05:18:53 PM
anyone ever noticed,
that the guy who charges
for the "ADA-depot" schemos,
is from my birthplace?
(Gouda/Holland)...   :icon_eek:

Actually I did.  Some year ago I decided to spend a few euro's on his side and ot a wealth of material in return. Well spent money.  I'm kinda reluctant to pay 10 or 15 dollars for a single schemmo but never have been too lazy to spend a small/reasonable amount of money for a piece of information instad of endless waiting in hope it would show up for free.... never got disappointed either. Face it, one does't even think about that money when spending it on another beer in a bar and in the end either the boeer or the schemmo's were money well spent.

Talking Gouda.....
Thanks for remembering.  :icon_evil: That's where I ended up at 12PM last night after jumping in the wrong train (change of platform).... spending half an hour there before being able to get back to Utrecht and take a night liner to Amsterdam.... really, thanks for remembering...... ;)
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

moosapotamus

...and, the schulte compact a phaser scheme, too! I've heard a lot of very good comments about that one, but never seen the scheme before. Thanks, Mark! 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

StephenGiles

I wonder if anyone has the parts values for the ADA Finalphase ver9 - the PWM version? Check your fuzz box piles y'all!

Doug_H

Interesting... They have the Dynacord CLS 222 as well...

Thanks for the link. :icon_wink:

Mark Hammer

Don't thank me.  Thank Zeerust2000.  All I contributed was curiousity.

Switched resistors was my thought too, given the resemblance of the sweep generator circuit to the flanger.  Sadly, no info about what was being clocked.  Of course, if anybody HAS one of these and would be willing to po-p the hood and tell us what chips are in there, we'd be able to fill in the missing pieces.