Snake Skin enclosure! Foot control filter

Started by John Lyons, September 18, 2006, 12:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

I was asked to make this one covered in snake skin. Pretty fun...
When I was asked this I laughed but it turned  out nice I think.
The circuit is another State Variable filter.
You can read the details of the circuit and get sound samples here: www.mrdwab.com/john > under pedals.
I am going to post some details on covering enclosures on my site as well. Soon .
Next is to do a guitar body in rattlesnake skin!

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

343 Salty Beans

To quote Paris Hilton...

"that's hot."

Even though I just broke some lame copyright.

John Lyons

At the time the guy asked me about making it I checked into that fake tolex snake skin covering for amps. But then if you are going to do it may as well go all the way! Big old Python!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

The Tone God

Quote from: 343 Salty Beans on September 18, 2006, 01:17:51 PM
To quote Paris Hilton...

"that's hot."

Even though I just broke some lame copyright.

I think she has bigger problems:

Andrew

birt

is the circuit your own design? or is it a "standard" wah with added knobs?

oh and it looks great!
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

RollingElbow

Man, your two watt amp ROCKS! How come my amp didn't turn out that well  :icon_eek:.. then again, up and at them.. i will build another soon! It really has that nice compressed raunchy sound.. And that from an 8' speaker eh? Who would have thunk it..

John Lyons

The circuit isn't a wah really. But it likes to sound like one if you set it to bandpass and use the foot pedal to sweeo through those frequencies.
It's  a high, low and band pass filter. Sort of a parametric Super EQ that doubles as a wah and a wide range filter sweep.
Search for Craig anderton Super tone control here and you will come up with more info.
There is a modified colorsound wah on my site with extra knobs for Intensity, resonance and sweep depth.

The Two watt amp is closely  based on the "Firefly" By doug hammond. I actually like it more with the small 8" speaker, but maybe that's just because the speaker is newer and brighter.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

zpyder

Where did you get the foot-controller mechanism for this?

cheers,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

troubledtom

bad ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_twisted:
               peace,
                  - tom

John Lyons

I don't want to give away my source for the Wah shells. Sorry!
They are expensive and can be bought new but I get these from a guy who has some used ones in a shop where he works. The company that makes them is called Linemaster. They are super heavy duty and have a large rotation of the foot rocker. The Pots it uses are long shaft and they are held but the usual nut and a flange as well as a nother flange with a hole to secure the end of the shaft. Two anchor points and a small hole for the pot registration tab so the pots don't rotate at all. Sure wish I had a case of them!!! I only have one right now and it's going bye bye as soon as I finish it.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Paul Marossy