The Socket Face Layout

Started by tcobretti, September 19, 2006, 11:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcobretti

tcobretti

It just occured to me that this thread won't show up in the search function because all the text was on the image, so I figured I throw in a few comments.  Petemoore once stated that he had built a Fuzz Face with everything socketed so he could experiment.  I thought that sounded pretty interesting at the time, but filed it away for later.  Just in the last couple of days I've been looking at a few FF variants that I thought it would be interesting to try out, and it reminded me of Pete's socket face.  So I cobbled one together using RG's article and referencing many different FF variations for ideas for the text.  I would suggest that the right way to use this layout is to find a design that appeals to you, build it, then tweak it.  Later you can pull all the components and try something different.  If you use connectors for the battery wires, you could even make it easy to go back and forth between NPN and PNP. 

Another very important article to read is Tim Escobedo's Many Faces of Fuzz.  Some of the mods there are very, very cool.

Clearly this whole idea is nothing new, but I thought since I drew it up I might as well post it.

Enjoy!