LPB Build complete! Yay!

Started by coffyrock, September 27, 2006, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffyrock

I got my LPB circuit done tonight, after mistakenly soldering the pot in reverse order :icon_rolleyes:
I mounted it in a christmas candle tin until I can drill/paint my actual hammond box. I like BOOOST!

I'm so happy that I've attempted 2 projects, albeit very easy ones, and they both worked out after some troubleshooting. I'm learning so much! thanks to everyone on this site for the inspiration...
Built so far: ROG Ruby, matching pair of LPB2s, Mr. Clean, Easy Drive,
Next up: Bazz Fuss, ROG Grace Overdrive, Smashdrive.

Snuffy

Congrats
Did you build it from the GGG project? I built two from there and wired them both wrong on the first time

markm

Congratulations!
What a great feeling when they fire right up.....it's when they don't that you can begin to really experience DIY  :icon_neutral:

coffyrock

yep it was the GGG project, with a pcb layout downloaded from DIY creator (by richard boop?) and a perfboard layout I dug up somewhere.

I used this boost at band practice tonight and it just works like a million dollars! What a simple, clean circuit. Anyone know how the sound differs from the MXR microamp-style circuit?

footnote: I consistently wire pots backwards! they seem so backwards to me! AAARGH.

Snuffy

GGG says it sounds "way badder" than the MicroAmp. but bad as in good..
I'm probably going to build the MicroAmp too later to have both

coffyrock

I don't know about bad, but it's hella loud! wow!

Threefish

Don't you love it when it works....
It's a bit trickier, but have a go at the Fetzer valve next : http://www.runoffgroove.com/fetzervalve.html
There's a lot in that link to explain how it all works, but it's a great little build. Boost with a bit extra.
"Why can't I do it like that?"

coffyrock

yikes, that's heavy calculating! I'll try to read through it when I'm more alert so I can comprehend it better.

how does the fetzer valve sound?