Noob Stripboard layout question

Started by cacibi, October 04, 2006, 02:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cacibi

Just been lurking around and gathering some parts and tools.  Great stuff and can't wait to dig in on some projects.

My first question is regarding the stripboard layouts in the gallery - can someone clue me in on what the red-dot-squares mean?  Not sure if they are holes that just need to be filled with solder or if they are connection points for joining strips or what.

Thanks

Hal

if you link, I could tell you for sure, but I think they're trace cuts

to cut a trace, take like a 1/8" drill bit, and with you hand, drill out the hole.

Or slice two points wiht a knife, and burn it off.  Both ways work fine.

343 Salty Beans

You mean the red dot in the middle of the red square, right? That's a trace cut.

cacibi

So the purpose of the trace cut is to interrupt the signal flow along the strip at that point?

Gilles C

Yes.

All the strips can be seen as parallel wires. The trace cut is like cutting a wire with cutters. You now have 2 separate wires after the trace cut.

Gilles

chemosis

what are the blue circles under and around the ics on the veroboard such as in this layout

bluebunny

I would say they are places where two wires go into one hole.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

chemosis

thaose blue dots, or circles just show where 2 resistors and or jumpers are connected together and soldered into the same hole

chemosis

thanks alot blue bunny seriously.  i just seen your message after i already figured thats what they meant. that was the only conclusion i could think of. kinda a stupid question.thanks though