Tonebender MKII problem

Started by emerswin, October 08, 2006, 10:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emerswin

Hello all,
I built the GGG MK II tonebender exactly as pictured here. http://generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/tonebender_m2p_lo_pp.gif When hooked to the proper + tip power adaptor it does not work. Works great with a battery however. Any suggestions? Is the diagram correct? Thanks in advance!

zyxwyvu

Oops realized this is a positive ground circuit. Nevermind this.

RaceDriver205

Did you turn the adapter on at the wall? (Well you never know  :icon_smile:)

emerswin

Yup, even tried another outlet.-E

RaceDriver205

Check with a multimeter if there is a voltage coming out of the adapter. Also, is anything running hot when you connect the adapter?

emerswin

adaptor is working correctly, I just tested it. When plugged into this pedal you just get the bypassed tone and silence when switch to effect. Works great with the battery. So the layout in the link above looks spot on?

emerswin

petemoore

Check the PS voltage
  Test there are no shorts, wall wart unplugged from the wall, all jacks plugged/unplugged to test for no-shorts between V+/_ under all possible power switching conditions, including DC jack plugged in with other jacks plugged in.
  Test for continuity between all marked ground points on the schematic with the Jacks having mono plugs in them, DC jack in.
  Test continuity between DC jack V+ and the circuit board V+, repeat for DC jack negative and board negative.
  The Debugging Page has other useful info.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Hendrik1

I have make the same Tonebender and Tobias version, and run into the same problem..

Only with a battery I get 'some' sound of it, the first time I fired it I swear I did get U2 on my amp, a far away UK radiostation was playing it. I put it aside to spear some energy to go further with it.