T-bender MK-II reissue

Started by Fuzzbumper, October 15, 2006, 07:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzbumper

DIY Fuzz Guru's,

I've just finished building a sola-sound tonebender MK-II reissue fuzz pedal.  I must
say this was the easiest no-hassle fuzz pedal that I've built to date.  After soldering the
last wire & loaded the 9 volt it worked with no Debug madness, so i must recommend
this build to all beginners.  It was built using the "Vero" MK-II post in the "Fuzz lounge"
at the -layout gallery- drawn by Andrew Carrell.
--Mod's Questions--
1. More treble response: Change .1uf (104k) output capacitor to .022 or .047uf ?
2. Boost fuzz output: Change 470 ohm resistor to 1k -to- 1.5k ?
Any help with these 2 questions would be greatly appreciated...   Cheers.

Fuzzbumper...

KerryF

Yea I built this too and it was great.  I dont know about the mods, but I like to use an Overdrive, such as my BluesBreaker before all fuzzes to give them more treble.  That helps my sound.

petemoore

1. More treble response: Change .1uf (104k) output capacitor to .022 or .047uf ? ...actually this can make it sound more treble response, but it's really a 'less bass response' mod, same goes for the input cap...which is possibly a good 'starting place' to do voicing mods.
2. Boost fuzz output: Change 470 ohm resistor to 1k -to- 1.5k ?
  I believe this is the resistor between collector resistors [as in the FF section], increasing this resistor in a FF [or FF portion of a TB...Q's 2 and 3] will increase output, 1k should be a good bit louder than 470ohm.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fuzzbumper

Thanks for responding to this here thread fellas!  Sounds great
plugged in my Marsall 1959SLP.  Decided not to do the component
Mods due to, "If it ain't broke why take it apart".
                                                        Cheers - - -   Fuzzbumper...