Rebote delay 2.5 and Boss DM2

Started by Samy, October 17, 2006, 08:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samy

I have builded the Rebote Delay 2.5 and i think it´s one of the coolest delays i´ve ever heard but, i want to know your personal oppinion if we compare it to the Boss DM2. I don´t own a DM2 and i don´t know anyone that does to hear the differences by myself.
I don´t want to start a war on this, i just want your personal oppinion and you are free to compare the RD 2.5 to other pedal if you wish to do so.

Thanks in advance.

geertjacobs

If you want a DIY delay that is extremely close to a DM-2, you will probably be very interested in the PT-80 delay project.
The PT-80 also uses the PT2399 and is a only a little more complicated than the Rebote.
Here are the technical details which mention the DM-2.

I'm very happy with my PT-80.

oldrocker

I'm sure the PT-80 is most likely better sounding.  I'm in the process of building a Rebote 2.5 but I'm still waiting on parts.  What steered me away from the PT is the voltage regulation with the charge pump.  I figured I'd build the Rebote first and if I feel I need to I'd build the PT.  I like all my effects to work off a 9 volt battery.  It's a hang up of mine.  If I can find something close that works off a 9v I'll go that way.  When I get done with the Rebote and if you haven't built a delay yet I'll let you know how it goes.  Although I can't compare it to anything since I haven't had a delay in many years.

blanik

the Rebote 2.5 is a miracle!! lol  i was using the DD-3 for many years and had to make with the damm power supply and all the BS it brings in a live setup, now with the rebote i just put batteries in all my fx and they last a long time....  the rebote 1 or 2 must sound cleaner (hence the more DD sound) but i had a space echo some years ago  and the 2.5 sounds just like it!  :icon_twisted:

R.