Where to buy 3mm blue LED ?

Started by Melanhead, October 17, 2006, 11:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

Title says it all ...

I haven't seen them online anywhere! ...

MartyMart

Got mine from Evilbay , 'bout 2 years ago , £8.50 for 100 Ultra brights !
Nearly out of them :-(

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Melanhead

ahhh ... never thought of that ! ...

I'll check ...

Thanks! ......

DryRoasted

Snap ! Also got mine from Evilbay , 'bout 2 years ago , £8.50 for 100 Ultra brights !
Still got loads!!!
Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

zpyder

Futurlec...

http://www.futurlec.com/LED/LED3Bpr.shtml

Their shipping tends to take a little longer than expected, but it'll get there.  They do tend to have some very good prices on select products as well

cheers
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

Dave_B

I've heard good things about ledshoppe.com.  I just bought 100 Ambers a couple of days ago so I'll post my results when they arrive.
Help build our Wiki!

Melanhead

Thanks guys ... found some on ebay from the U.S. ( close, since I'm in Canada )  ... 100 for $7.99US ...

The Tone God

Quote from: Melanhead on October 18, 2006, 09:35:11 AM
Thanks guys ... found some on ebay from the U.S. ( close, since I'm in Canada )  ... 100 for $7.99US ...

You could order from Digikey.ca. Very large selection.

Just another suggestion.

Andrew

Melanhead

Quote from: The Tone God on October 18, 2006, 12:39:11 PM
Quote from: Melanhead on October 18, 2006, 09:35:11 AM

You could order from Digikey.ca. Very large selection.

Just another suggestion.

Andrew

weird ... that's the first plce I checked but couldn't get any standard 3mm Blue to show up doing a search ...

The Tone God

Quote from: Melanhead on October 18, 2006, 01:31:47 PM
weird ... that's the first plce I checked but couldn't get any standard 3mm Blue to show up doing a search ...

Time to learn how to use the search engine.

1. Type in "led" to the search box.

2. Select "LEDs - Discrete" under the "Optoelectronics" subsection.

3. Select the colours you want (i.e. blue, blue clear, blue clear ultra, blue diffussed, etc.).

4. Select the size (i.e. 3mm a.k.a T1).

5. Hit "Apply Filters".

You should get some hits. You can select the "Items in Stock" feature to weed out the unavailible choices.

I love the Digikey's search engine. Kicks Mouser's search engine square in the nuts.

Andrew

Krong

Amen on the digikey search. Mouser is such a pain to shop I go out of my way to find things somewhere else.
A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

Melanhead

Quote from: The Tone God on October 18, 2006, 02:08:01 PM
Quote from: Melanhead on October 18, 2006, 01:31:47 PM

Time to learn how to use the search engine.

1. Type in "led" to the search box.

2. Select "LEDs - Discrete" under the "Optoelectronics" subsection.

3. Select the colours you want (i.e. blue, blue clear, blue clear ultra, blue diffussed, etc.).

4. Select the size (i.e. 3mm a.k.a T1).

5. Hit "Apply Filters".

You should get some hits. You can select the "Items in Stock" feature to weed out the unavailible choices.

I love the Digikey's search engine. Kicks Mouser's search engine square in the nuts.

Andrew

I'll have to check that out again ... I order all my caps from them and have used the search engine, filters, the whole deal but my search didn't find anything and when I did it turned up non-stock items ...

wampcat1

Hey Bob-
I've used this fellow for several years now:
http://stores.ebay.com/id=70930951&ssPageName=STRK:MEFS:MESST

Takes about 1.5 - 2 weeks to get them but he's very honest and the led's work great!

Thanks,
Brian

Melanhead

Cool and thanks for yet another place ... and I thought these were hard to find !

here's where I ordered from yesterday ...

I'll let you guys know more once I get 'em ...

I ordered some 5mm as well

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwilni14QQhtZ-1

Melanhead

Got them last week ... about a week delivery ... Very happy ...

Dave_B

Quote from: Dave_B on October 17, 2006, 03:22:27 PM
I've heard good things about ledshoppe.com.  I just bought 100 Ambers a couple of days ago so I'll post my results when they arrive.
Oh yeah.   :icon_redface:  I received my led's too.  It took about nine business days for delivery.  The few I've breadboarded work as expected, so I'm very happy as well.  $10 (shipping included) for 100 3mm 3500mcd Ambers. 
Help build our Wiki!

Melanhead

yup ... this is where I got mine ( direct link instead of his e-mail auctions ) ...

http://www.abctronics.com/abcTronicsPrice_E_LEDs_3mm_and_5mm.htm