Tychobrahe Parachute Pedal SCHEMATIC

Started by alexzanderepair, October 19, 2006, 12:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzanderepair

Im new to building pedals. Ive been trying to figure out the values of C3 and D1 on the schematic. can someone help and explain why the values arent there

Alex C

At the bottom of the schematic it says "based on pictures of interior of pedal..." so maybe the code wasn't visible/legible?

R.G.

D1 does not matter. It's a reverse polarity blocking diode. Any 1A rectifier diode will be fine, such as a 1N4001 through 1N4007.

C3 was a mystery. But my simulation shows that the pedal works with its value being 0 - that is, left out. But I have not built one yet. It may be there for some side effect.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

jonathan perez

some older vox schematics will leave out some resistors, too. maybe because its variable?
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

zpyder

What does this pedal sound like?

cheers,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Paul Marossy

QuoteWhat does this pedal sound like?

A wah pedal, as RG said - but it doesn't sound like anything else out there, IMO.

DEZREJECT

what are the ics also in this schem?

u1 and u2???

Hanglow

I beleive the start of Electric Funeral by Black sabbath makes use of it. It's quite an interesting sound.

Robin Trower also uses it, although I don't know his stuff well enough to recommend a song to listen to offhand.

also there are a couple of soundclipps on the chicago iron website I think for their clone.

I am going to try a perfboard version of it after another couple of builds I think.

Hanglow