I want to build an Atari punk console

Started by theMACHINE, October 19, 2006, 10:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theMACHINE

One more thing. Do you guys have any ideas or tips when it comes to modding it?
-

$uperpuma

once you get it tegether and working, like I was saying bfore, you can use ldr's (resistors affected by light) in place of one of the pots to manipulate the sound some, rat shack has a small multipack that might have some that are usable...
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

theMACHINE

Well I got the parts today, so I started building it. As soon as I had everything put together, I connected the battery and switched it on. It sounded cool in my guitar amp, so I thought I'd try it with my headphones. But when I connected it to my headphones it just started making this clicking sound.. like a @#$%ed up clock.  And now it won't work with my amp either! Does anyone know what's wrong?
-

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Rafa

Hii ;D ;D ;D
Whats that a guitar synth?
Waht happensif you play chords?
Thankssssss
Rafa

$uperpuma

This particular circuit has no input, Rafa.... its just a noise maker.. a cool one at that.

theMACHINE

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on October 24, 2006, 07:27:58 PM
measure around, then come back
I'll do that tomorrow.
But i really don't get it. Is it possible I could have @#$%ed someting up just by touching it?
-

$uperpuma

if power or ground gets somewhere it shouldn't be, then yes.

343 Salty Beans

Quote from: theMACHINE on October 24, 2006, 07:52:27 PM
But i really don't get it. Is it possible I could have f*cked someting up just by touching it?

One time, I forgot to solder the power wire to the LED. When I first powered up the effect (I always test them IN the enclosure for some reason, though I have recently learned my lesson), it was working but the LED wasn't turning on. Like all good DIYers, I smacked the box a few times. The power wire brushed a few things and I ended up having to wait a week for my order to come in so I could replace a transistor.

Basically, simple things can screw you up. As you measure, check all the wiring for shorts and measure your ground to make sure there's not power getting into it somewhere.

theMACHINE

Well, I replaced one of the pots, and the thing works better, but if you turn one of the tone(i guess)knobs down completley, it sort of acts like a volume to.. or well, it gets quiet. Is this normal?
-

Gila_Crisis

i'll build one too as well. i think i'll put a momentary switch to cut the output and maybe an input for guitar, so that i can put it in my pedalboard and when i turn it on it take the guitar away form the signal path and run it thru all the FXs!  ;D
i'll use the LM556

theMACHINE

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on October 25, 2006, 06:52:42 AM
i'll build one too as well. i think i'll put a momentary switch to cut the output and maybe an input for guitar, so that i can put it in my pedalboard and when i turn it on it take the guitar away form the signal path and run it thru all the FXs!  ;D
i'll use the LM556
Why not try mixing it with the guitar signal and running it trough the effectsloop.
-