Tim Escobedo's SyRuPP

Started by markm, October 21, 2006, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm

Hey guys!
I just built the SyRuPP from the Schem at Tim's site and my-oh-my what a great little circuit it is!!
Although it is in the same ballpark as the AMZ MiniBooster, I have to give Tim's idea a thumbs up as it has quite
a different sound than the MB. To my ears, the SyRuPP sounds a bit more "Fendery" to me yet a bit "creamy" as well.
It produces a nice growly kind of Twang with my Telecaster so, as a Country Picker, I'm happy with it.
Just wanted to bring some attention to this circuit as it seems alot of the others he has dreamed up kind of overshadow
the SyRuPP a bit so, if you have a couple of J201's that aren't doing anything, you may want to give it a try!
I did a layout that can be found here http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album15 and feel free to look around in the
gallery as well 'cause there's lot of new stuff that I have been working on  :icon_wink:
Pete Moore's RangePig is in there as well as a dual FetzerValve and some other neat stuff!
Thanks for the time and Have Fun!!

jmusser

I had thought about building this for awhile, but I never had a 2 meg pot hanging around, and didn't want to special order one for it. Except for the Octup circuit, everything I've buit of Tim's has sounded great.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

markm

Well, I used a 1M  :icon_neutral:
Sounded pretty darn good though. I like this circuit ALOT!

oldrocker

A nice growly Tele twang you say?  Hmmm...sounds right up my ally.  I may have to order some J201's and give that baby a try.  Nice layout page btw.  It's nice to see a good amount of perf layouts for us non-vero perfers out here.

markm

Thanks oldrocker.....I put the perf-builds in just for you   :icon_wink: