Phase 45 to Vibe conversion complete. Less than overwhelmed. What am I missing?

Started by skiraly017, October 22, 2006, 10:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

Followed Torchy's layout minus the ability to switch between the phase and vibe sounds. It sounds like a mildly strong phaser. Am I expecting too much? I was hoping to get a good psuedo-vibe sound in a small footprint. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

R.G.

You're expecting too much.

(a) the phase 45 is a single-notch phaser; it's intended for and used for its subtlty.

(b) the "univibing" process does nothing much for phasing; it's use is making a better vibrato

You want a vibe sound, make a vibe.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

oldrocker

Yes the P-45 is subtle and the vibe mods arn't earth shattering.  Personally I don't like too strong a phase or vibe for that matter in most cases.  For stronger Uni-vibe sounds I built the Easyvibe to fill in when I want an in your face vibe effect.  Both are nice IMHO.  WHat's nice about the Easyvibe is you can dial in the amount of effect you desire.