EH Electric Mistress volume drop problem

Started by screaminking, October 22, 2006, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screaminking

Hey there,

I just found this board a couple of days ago and tried to search through the archives and all that for an answer to my problemand got pretty much nowhere.  I recently picked up an old EH Electic Mistress pedal that needed a bit of fixing.  I took it to my amp tech who followed the schematic and got it all working.  He also modified the pedal to true bypass.  Now that I've got it back from my tech, I notice that there is a volume drop on the pedal when it's engaged.  I found a couple of old threads that discuss this problem, but none of them had an actual solution within them.

If anyone could hook me up with some instructions on how to mod the pedal for a fix, it'd be greatly appreciated it.  From the look of it, it seems like the Electric Mistress pedal is pretty popular.

Thanks.

Bernardduur

Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

screaminking

The only thread I found with a solution in it basically suggested building an LPB-1 into pedal itself.  Is this really the only option?

screaminking

KB

Hi

If you look at Mark Hammers site

http://hammer.ampage.org

look for device No 5 pdf  -  old electronics mag.  That has some suggestions for modification the Electric Mistress.

Also use the search function here  -  look for Markus' work on a tzf electric mistress there is a  volume drop circuit in the layout which may be of use to you.

Hope this helps

Kevin

screaminking

Thanks a lot.

I'll take a look at those examples.  I appreciate it.