Source For Small Washers, Nuts...

Started by CudBucket, October 25, 2006, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CudBucket

Hi guys.  I started modding my Dunlop Wah last night for true-bypass and an LED.  I bought an LED/Chrome Bezel assembly from Radio Shack.  That fixture seems to require a 1/4" hole while the bezel is 5/16".  I wanted to get a washer, nut or ring to place between the chrome bezel and the top surface of the wah.  Basically a ring I guess or even another nut like the one that locks the bezel from below.

Is there any source for small parts like this?  I looked through small bear and pedal parts.com so far with no luck.

Thanks.

Dave

John Lyons

It's worth a shot to look at lowes or home depot. Sometimes they have something that works and sometimes you can find something close and grind/drill or pound something out of it that will work. Now If i can just find a source for thin metal dpdt/3pdt foot switch washers. I've made some from thick washers but for every pedal and it's footswitch it seems rediculous!

At lowes they have the long pull out drawers with specialty parts (usually twice or more the price of course) but I've found that a lot of the screws, bolts and nuts I like to use live there.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

CudBucket

Thanks John.  Lowes and Home Depot have been good sources for me in the past.  I'll give them a look!

Dave

sfr

I've had better luck for those sorts of things at Ace Hardware (their misc. parts drawers seemed to contain more, and it's easier to find what I need than in the large cavernous expanse of Home Depot; and we don't have a Lowes)  But I've found the best bet for a lot of those things for me are the couple of mom'n'pop style hardware stores still kicking around the area here.   (Some of them are affiliated with True Value or Aubuchons)
sent from my orbital space station.

John Lyons

Yes! I agree with you there. When I lived in Calif. We had a Orchard Supply Hardware that was similar to ACE. They blew away lowes/home depot with their hardware section, nuts bold etc. Even had a much better wood finishing section etc etc. A lot better service and I didn't feel like I was shopping in walmart...Don't get me started...

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

CudBucket

I ended up going with the standard black plastic LED clip.  It fits the 1/4" hole better than the RadioShack Chrome Bezel assembly does.