DIY guitar pic

Started by Aharon, October 25, 2006, 11:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aharon

Here's my padauk tele,almost finished,I'm waiting for the P/U..................then I'll install the bridge and controls.
;D :icon_cool: :icon_biggrin: :icon_wink: :icon_redface:
Aharon
http://www.freewebs.com/stoopidguitarguy/projects.htm
Aharon

petemoore

Nice lookin' wood !!!
  I have a "Franken-Tele"...Tele shape body W/ Maple/Rosewood 24fret neck...makes one fine guitar !!
  Yours'll look better because the body wood is nicely grained.
  Should be a real nice Axe !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Aharon

Thanks Pete....nice wood indeed but a PITA to work with,the red dust that comes off it could be used as paint and it will not come off clothing or rags etc.
Other than that ..........beautiful...............!
I hope it plays nice after all the effort...............
I'm going for a HB/SC bridge and a full size HB/SC for the neck....the thought is no tone control and use that pot for a booster(may or may not do that).
Any ideas?
Thanks
Aharon
Aharon

oldrocker

That's going to be an aweaome looking Tele when you're done.  What PU's are you planning to use?  I just refurbished my '72 Tele to and American Standard.  I used the Fender noiseless PU's and it's got a lot more volume and sounds great.
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=DSC00011_1143790027-422-10327.jpg
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=DSC00010_1143831016-422-10328.jpg

Aharon

Nice axe oldrocker.......you know I hated teles so I decided to make one and now I love them things!!!!!!!!!!
For P/Ups I have a Fetish HB with the SC tap and I'm looking for a Seymour Duncan  for the Bridge.......if not I will try a noiseless.....good idea.
Aharon
Aharon

Paul Marossy

Gilles C

Goos start with that Tele. Nice color.

The mistake I made when I built my Tele style guitar is that I mixed 3 styles of shapes for it. I used a Noiseless pu and no pickguard for a while. But then I decided to add a Fender neck pu and a pick-guard and realised I had to modify the shape of the pick-guard to fit the guitar.

I should have gone with the standard Tele shape...

Gilles

Paul Marossy

Paul Marossy

Rafa

Hi:
You did that all by yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, you should teach me how to do that
Its great  ;)
Cheers
Rafa

sfr

Nice!!  Not a huge fan of the "hockey-stick" headstock, but I *love* the look of paduak, especially on something as classy and understated as a tele.

Rafa - if you want to get into building your own guitars, check out Melvyn His%^&*'s book "Make Your Own Electric Guitar", and head over to www.projectguitar.com as well.  Lots of info on the main site, and a great community in the forums that's a big help.  Be forewarned, however, building guitars is just as addictive as building pedals!  Once you start, you won't want to stop.  (And the investment in parts and tools is higher too, unfortunetly.)  Seems like between the guitar, pedal and amp building I've gotten into, I don't actually spend very much time actually *playing* the damn things.  Although when I go do a gig, it's always nice when people ask about your gear, and getting to beam with pride when you explain how 90% of your signal chain you built  (And then walk away quickly before they try to get you to build *their* stuff. 

(FWIW, here's mine:  http://homepage.mac.com/sfjoshua/PhotoAlbum3.html )
sent from my orbital space station.

CudBucket

Aharaon, that looks great.  I've built a guitar too.  You can see it at www.dafguitars.com.  It's called the Egress.  Let me know if you have any questions at all.  Here are some pics.

Dave

This was right after I polished the nitro finish I shot in my garage.

Aharon

Hey CudBucket that's some serious wood there.
I'm finishing mine with danish oil...... :icon_cry:...I'm going for the "organic look" ???
For my next one I  will definately get your advice on a few items.........yours is professional looking........ 8)
Aharon
Aharon

Aharon

Quote from: sfr on October 25, 2006, 03:30:15 PM
Nice!!  Not a huge fan of the "hockey-stick" headstock, but I *love* the look of paduak, especially on something as classy and understated as a tele.

Rafa - if you want to get into building your own guitars, check out Melvyn His%^&*'s book "Make Your Own Electric Guitar", and head over to www.projectguitar.com as well.  Lots of info on the main site, and a great community in the forums that's a big help.  Be forewarned, however, building guitars is just as addictive as building pedals!  Once you start, you won't want to stop.  (And the investment in parts and tools is higher too, unfortunetly.)  Seems like between the guitar, pedal and amp building I've gotten into, I don't actually spend very much time actually *playing* the damn things.  Although when I go do a gig, it's always nice when people ask about your gear, and getting to beam with pride when you explain how 90% of your signal chain you built  (And then walk away quickly before they try to get you to build *their* stuff. 

(FWIW, here's mine:  http://homepage.mac.com/sfjoshua/PhotoAlbum3.html )

The headstock is an attempt at blending old tradition and new values............ :-\ :icon_rolleyes:
Nice builds.....are those Rick pick ups from GeetarFetish?.

Rafa,what SFR said ,start slow,don't rush and you can make your own.

I'll post a pic of my amps soon.
Aharon
Aharon

Aharon

If it doesn't play  it should ,that's plan B................ >:(
Aharon
Aharon

BDuguay

Sure is pretty!
BTW, I'm about ready to have you look at my Guitar Mate. Send me an email with your particulars when you get a chance.
Thanks,
B.

Ge_Whiz

Here's the project I'm currently working on:

Beautiful, isn't it? The black dots are LED holders...

Clubman35

Pushtone

Cool project guitar Ge Whiz. You've got something there.

Reminds me of the Girl Brand guitars.
http://www.girlbrand.com/

I'm just so borded of figured wood that its cool to see this kinda work.

The PRS perfection thing is the most boring of them all.

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith