Transformer Isolated A/B/Y Perf layout

Started by zpyder, October 26, 2006, 04:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpyder

www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

xshredx

Just a quick thank you...    I'm thinking of starting to use a dual amp setup (5150 + Engl Savage 120 sounds awesome :-) ), and had been checking the RG Keen schematic yesterday. If I want an A/B/Y this layout will be handy... thanks!
How do you power yours?

zpyder

xshredx-
just wanted to let you know that I'll be re-arranging this layout soon so it's not so cluttered in the lower-left portion.  And it is unverified so far... it should work, but it is untested.

I haven't built it yet, so I haven't powered it.  I've been looking at RG's Spyer isolated power supply for a while now, and I'm thinking that using two leads from that would be a good way to go.  I don't really know... I would assume that two seperate wall-warts would work fine, and two seperate batteries should work well, too.

PLEASE NOTE: As per the schematic, connect the other two leads of the two power sources (ie, the - terminal of the +9v source and the + terminal of the -9v source) to eachother, and both to ground.

cheers,
zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

Antero

What does transformer isolation do for the circuit?

Seljer

Quote from: Antero on October 28, 2006, 08:03:03 AM
What does transformer isolation do for the circuit?

it prevents ground loops from occuring between two different amps or possibly, between the amps and your effect pedals