The Sparkle Boost in ACTION !

Started by Dragonfly, October 27, 2006, 03:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Heres a quick "song idea" demo i threw together...I haven't added vocals yet, and the drums are a machine, but I think it sounds ok...anyway, the solo's were all the product of the SPARKLE BOOST ! 

this is for those of you who might be wondering what it sounds like !

SPARKLE BOOST IN ACTION !

SPARKLE BOOST VERO LAYOUT !

SPARKLE BOOST SCHEMATIC !

Hope ya like it !

AC

MartyMart

Great Andy, how was that recorded?
Sparkle boost was an early ( and still loved ) build !!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMart on October 27, 2006, 05:25:43 AM
Great Andy, how was that recorded?
Sparkle boost was an early ( and still loved ) build !!

Marty.

tele---->SB---->little kalamazoo amp---->sm57----->crappy computer interface----->crappy computer (free!) recording program (audacity)...

:icon_mrgreen:

Melanhead

Cool man ... I think that sparkle boost was one of my first builds  :icon_cool:

MikeH

Has anyone built this with a J201 vs a NTE458?  Is there any difference?  I don't have an NTE458 but I've got a couple hundred 201s laying around...
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Dragonfly

Quote from: MikeH on October 27, 2006, 11:14:54 AM
Has anyone built this with a J201 vs a NTE458?  Is there any difference?  I don't have an NTE458 but I've got a couple hundred 201s laying around...

lots of people have built it with a J201...the NTE458 has a bit more "output" and seems a bit more "solid" sounding (punchy), but really, theyre VERY close in tone....

of course the pinout of a J201 is different, so you'd either have to "twist" the legs around to use this layout, or use a different layout. IIRC, Torchy has a J201 layout in his folder...

AC

Hepcat

That sounds really good! I am thinking about building the deluxe sparkle boost, is there alot more gain with second boost? Was this song made withe regular or deluxe?  -Josh-

Dragonfly

Quote from: Hepcat on October 27, 2006, 01:44:20 PM
That sounds really good!
thanks !  i like it quite a bit too !

I am thinking about building the deluxe sparkle boost, is there alot more gain with second boost? Was this song made withe regular or deluxe?  -Josh-

the only real difference between the "regular" and the "deluxe" is that the "gain" knob is footswitchable...it allows you to "kick in" a bit more when needed...that being said, i just use the original, regular version :)

AC