Soldering pots

Started by rasco22862, October 29, 2006, 09:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasco22862

Where i should sold the wire? Red zone or Blue Zone?? :icon_mrgreen:

theMACHINE

-

343 Salty Beans

Blue. Pots can get wrecked by heat if you're not too careful. It's not something that's really really easy to do, just don't overheat it.

sfr

I have soldered in the "red" zone on a few pots with broken tabs (I don't even remember how I got them) and it worked, but yeah - you should always solder in the "blue" zone.
sent from my orbital space station.

Alex C

The red zone is for loading and unloading only.  There is no parking in the red zone.

rosssurf

.................The white zone is for loading and unloading only.  There is no parking in the white zone.

trocker767

Blue Zone for sure. Its kinda like transistors, if you keep the iron on there too long it'll kill em, but if your quick and smart you'll be fine.
But don't do that for transistors anyways, i've killed many in my day. ;)

captntasty

You had to go and cheat on me with that white zone *^%$*, didn't you?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ronsonic

This is America, we've got red, white and blue zones.

You can solder in the red zone. I'll do that if I run out of space or the lug's broken and a repair isn't worth replacing the pot.

Mostly keep it in the blue zone, unless you're looking at an electoral map.

Even if you vote blue, the red zones are nicer places to live.

Ron
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

343 Salty Beans

I'm glad threads turn into this  ;D it's what makes this forum better than the other ones.

trocker767

Yeah man, im new to this forum and it rocks and i've learned so much in the past couple of days!