DD-3 Problem....help!

Started by Schrammy, November 04, 2006, 06:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schrammy

Hi guys,

When i run my DD-3 through the loop of my Marshall Jubille i get a faint crackling distortion whith each note. Someone mentioned to me that the pedal may be overdriving the loop? Does anyone have this problem? It worked fine when i used a Boogie head, but the Marshall doesn't seem to like that pedal.

Thanks

$uperpuma

It may very well be overdriving the loop... does it do it whenyou run it into the input?
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Johan

the DD-3 is designed for roughly -20db level and not the -10-0db usualy found in the FX loop..so thats why you get distortion. there is a simple mod you can do involving adding 1 resistor in the right place..see here http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=1556.msg10498#msg10498
..dont know what happened to the responces in that thread...lost in time I guess...anyway, hope it helps

johan
DON'T PANIC

Schrammy

Johan,

Thanks for the reply. i have one question..... will pin 3 of the IC1 be disconnected from the board before i add the resistor?Also, did this mod affect the tone any?

Thanks

Johan

Quote from: Schrammy on November 29, 2006, 07:30:30 AM
Johan,

Thanks for the reply. i have one question..... will pin 3 of the IC1 be disconnected from the board before i add the resistor?Also, did this mod affect the tone any?

Thanks
you dont have to do anything to the board, just add the resistor, solder it to the pads on the board and make sure it doesnt short anything else.
you will have to set the knobs a little different to get the same feedbacklevel, but thats about it...
johan
DON'T PANIC