News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

TL072IP ?

Started by lowstar, November 06, 2006, 11:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowstar

hi everybody,

i always thought that the tl072ip is the low noise version of the tl072 chip (as stated on the banzai website, and somewhere here on this forum in a thread ´bout tube screamers i think).
some time ago, i got two of them. today, i played around with the la-light and tried different op-amps since it has some hiss.
couldn´t hear any difference.

googled up the datasheet...
Quotethe c suffix is for temp from 0 to 70 degrees celsius
the i suffix is for temp from -55 to 85 degrees celsius

and the p is just the package suffix.

oh wow.
so the low noise thingy is just a web legend it seems.

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

Sir H C

The noise thing is 72, 62, 82.  That is where you find the lower and higher noise versions.

zpyder

Quote from: Sir H C on November 06, 2006, 11:35:25 AM
The noise thing is 72, 62, 82.  That is where you find the lower and higher noise versions.

In what order?

zpyder
www.mattrabe.com/ultraterrestrial Ultraterrestrial - Just doing our little part to make new rock go where it should have gone in the late-90's, instead of the bullshit you hear on the radio today.

The Tone God

Quote from: lowstar on November 06, 2006, 11:15:21 AM
googled up the datasheet...

Quote from: lowstar on November 06, 2006, 11:15:21 AM
oh wow.
so the low noise thingy is just a web legend it seems.

You mean you busted a "legend" with some basic research that the average pedal user would not do ? I'm shocked. :icon_eek: I guess we can tell these guys to stop working:

Good job BTW. :)

Andrew

Sir H C

Quote from: zpyder on November 06, 2006, 02:12:29 PM
Quote from: Sir H C on November 06, 2006, 11:35:25 AM

In what order?

zpyder

Looks to be (lowest to highest) TL82, 72, 62.  Usually the higher the current the lower the noise, and the 82 uses the most current.