Tremulus Bear build

Started by DryRoasted, November 13, 2006, 05:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DryRoasted

Morning all,

I'm currently building Steves wonderful Tremulus Bear, but I got two quick questions, The LDR that came with the kit has two short legs and two long legs, at the short leg end there is a white dot, do I take it that the DOT end is positive or vise-versa?  Secondly, on the instructions it lists R2, R3 and R 10 as 22K resistors, but a few lines down it again lists R10 as 3.3K (This is on page 8 of the build instructions), anyone tell me whch it should be?

Cheers

Jim
Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

MartyMart

"Dot" should be the positive side of the LED, other long wires are LDR

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

DryRoasted

Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.

smallbearelec

Quote from: DryRoasted on November 13, 2006, 05:27:26 AM
Morning all,

On the instructions it lists R2, R3 and R 10 as 22K resistors, but a few lines down it again lists R10 as 3.3K

Thank you for picking this up! R10 is 22K. I will correct the list in a few minutes.

MartyMart

Jim , my bad .... Dot could be Cathode !
Anode (+) are usually slightly thicker lead than the cathode
I would check the data sheet to be sure ...
EG : http://www.silonex.com/datasheets/specs/images/pdf/103708.pdf

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

petemoore

I used to have such troubles with this, lines anodes and cathodes confused me.
  I grabbed an LED, set the DMM to diode checking, then got the LED in the vactrol to mimic the LED readings.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

DryRoasted

Quote from: petemoore on November 13, 2006, 10:37:52 AM
  I used to have such troubles with this, lines anodes and cathodes confused me.
  I grabbed an LED, set the DMM to diode checking, then got the LED in the vactrol to mimic the LED readings.

Lol, sorry? ;)

As for the spec sheet, it doesnt have any marking at all other than a white dot