Clear Or White PCB'S ? FuzzCentral?

Started by boogietube, November 18, 2006, 12:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogietube

Does anyone know where the guy from FuzzCentral gets those beautiful PCB'S ? They look to be clear or slightly white. I thik that the grren ones are just plain ugly. I'd love to have some of these. Thanks.
Here's a link to his new site :
http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

MetalGod

Since he's got layouts on his website, I'd assume he's making the PCBs himself.  I have some copper board that etches clear like that - much nicer than the solid colour stuff.

8)

boogietube

Where do you get it? I neglected to mention that I was aware that he etches himself. So do I. I just need a source for the blanks.
Thanks!
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.

JimRayden

If you can't find the clear ones and really hate the green ones, get the brown ones. Instant vintage mojo. Just add water... ahem... acid.

---------
Jimbo

boogietube

It's not that I really  hate the green ones, I just Love the look of the clear ones. Brown is mojo for sure!

phillip

I was getting the single-sided PCB material from Mouser Electronics.  They sent the semi-clear circuit board material for about a year, but now they're back to using the green stuff again.  I'm not sure if the PCB material comes from the same manufacturer, but I'm still using the same Mouser part number to order the PCB boards that I was when they were sending the clearish material.  I usually order in 4" x 6" pieces and use a pair of tin snips to cut it to the right shape.  I can usually get 5 or 6 individual Axis Face circuit boards out of a single piece that size.

Phillip

Dirk_Hendrik

Hello... Im the one I stupid here ?? ???
As long as I make PCB's (some 18 yrs) they're "white" since that's the colour of the epoxybase material . The green stuf in the post processing coating. If not it means the epoxy was processed to have the green colour and is special on itself.

Other than that.
I never even considered to make fuss over the colour of my PCB's as long as the quality is OK. For that brown stuff the quality is not. Pleasse get rid of the Mojo crap and go for real arguments for chosing materials.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

phillip

This stuff they're sending now is definitely tinted green since I etch my circuit boards myself, so there's no solder mask coating on the boards that PCB manufacturers apply. 

By the way, here's the page at Mouser for the material that I order...which is no longer white/clear:

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=506virtualkey59020000virtualkey590-506

Phillip

JimRayden

Not care about the colour of the PCB? Are you kidding me? Would you rather drive a pinkish biege sports car or a red one? ;)

Looks like someone on these forums need to learn to appreciate Mojo. Let's take this guy to the mojo thread! :P

----------
Jimbo

John Lyons

Don't forget Ebay now.
I got a stack of 5x9" or so sheets about 2" high (not sure how many sheets that is) for about $20 shipped. Fr-4 heavy copper single sided blanks.

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

MetalGod

I get my copper board from Farnell or RS here in the UK (depending on what other stuff I order at the time).

My mate's Dad used to give me some OLD copper board like you see in old Marshall Supafuzz pedals (that chocolate brown stuff) but I prefer the clear stuff since you can see the traces through the board.

8)

Gilles C

I read this week that a company was using blue PCBs for a new product. It must be only a blue soldering mask, but I would love to have blue blank PCBs available for my projects...

Mojo or not, I like nice looking PCBs.

Hey, I just had an idea. I found how to color my PCBs...

Gilles

choklitlove

my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

choklitlove

Quote from: choklitlove on November 19, 2006, 01:16:11 AM
i have a couple of these:
http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/PCB-46/445/4%22#34;_X_6%22#34;_SINGLE-SIDED_PC_BOARD_.html

they're very white and stay that way even after etching.  look really nice.
took some pictures to show you guys:

overkill, i know  ;D  it also seems that these are much easier to cut and shape.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

rockgardenlove

MikeH

The boards I got from small bear were clear.  Well mostly clear, kind of a smoky white, but you can see through them.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

rockgardenlove