tonebone classic pdf...

Started by cbriere, November 19, 2006, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: hank reynolds 3rd on November 20, 2006, 12:18:10 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Pushtone...
if some of EH/Z vex etc etc products are still in production and their schems are kept off this forum,the same should apply to the toneBone ones,regardless of how much status their name holds........
That's the case indeed. In that case, would this question apply to Tubeworks as well?  I guess your answer to that is a yes?

Quote from: Pushtone on November 20, 2006, 12:03:27 PM
The question about starved tube distortion in the original post could have been asked without the link to your RE schem.
Heck, the poster could have just searched the forum and found the answer instead of starting a new thread! 
In which case close to all these threads should be deleted as they apply to the BK butler tubedriver cicuit.

Other than that,
I do not believe that a thread like this one is going to put Radial out of business for the somple reason that building a tonebone will be far more work and much more expensive than buying the thing. I would feel wrong when posting a full PCB layout. Not the basic schem.  Naturally at Radial's request the schematic will be taken away.
What's left then is the learning factor. When not going the standard tubedriver way this is an example of how one could apply tubes in a distortion circuit. Similar for the way it is done in the current Vox Cooltron pedals (which is available by searching for the recent Fumio Mieda patent) or the Fender amps  mentioned above (of which the patents are freely available as well)
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

puretube

My standpoint is behind Pushtone`s.
100%.
let`s ask the moderators...

Pushtone

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on November 20, 2006, 12:41:19 PM

What's left then is the learning factor.

Oh, I'm sorry. It's about the learning factor.

In that case here is a link to all the Zvex schems I have and the EH POG as well.

Enjoy!

http://www3.telus.net/david65/pedal-pics/Zvex-Schems.jpg
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

wordstep

got the shematic long time ago,but not learn much except from this thread.(excuse my stupid)
I like to read what  Dirk_Hendrik write,that is for sure.especially when I do search in this forum.

I think it is cool,especially Dirk said if tonebone ask,he will remove the schematic.
Consider there is a lot place we can post sth like that,I dont mind.

on the other hand,Dirk is not really in business,so please give other men a break.
I can read your attitude from what you write, and like it.

I am nobody and not in business,just my 2 cents.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Pushtone on November 20, 2006, 01:01:33 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. It's about the learning factor.

In that case here is a link to all the Zvex schems I have and the EH POG as well.

Enjoy!

http://www3.telus.net/david65/pedal-pics/Zvex-Schems.jpg

Hell, I'm gonna build 'em right away !

Doug_H

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on November 20, 2006, 09:40:26 AM
that tubey character.

Care to elaborate on what that means?

People throw words like this around a lot, and I'm not really sure what they mean.

Have you tried building the circuit without the tube? I'd be curious if there was any difference in the sound at all. I am skeptical about a tube buffer adding much of anything to this circuit. It's a pretty elaborate tone shaping circuit without the tube, after all.

MikeH

I'd certainly agree that anyone who would take the time and spend the money required to build one of these from this schematic probably wouldn't have bought one anyway (1 cent).  I wouldn't tackle this project in a million years;  There isn't a good enough cost/effort to bennefit ratio (2 cents).
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

puretube

I`d never dare calling a circuit "starved plate",
which got the anode right smack dab at the B+  :icon_eek:

I gotta ask myself: "Starved Cathode"  :icon_question:

lovekraft0

There's a really easy way to settle the sound issue, if somebody has access to a Classic - simply power it down, remove the tube and patch in a common NPN transistor, collector to pin 1, base to pin 2 and emitter to pin 3. If there isn't an audible change in timbre, the tube isn't adding anything but marketing value. OTOH, if there is a noticable loss of "tubey-ness",  we've found a way to add tube warmth to anything we build - just add a 12 volt 12AX7 cathode follower after the effect. Tube sound phaser, anyone? :icon_wink:

puretube