Easyvibe Willy's Effect Pedals PCB Layout?

Started by vanessa, November 19, 2006, 09:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanessa

Does anyone still have a copy of this? I wanted to put this into a wah pedal (with the wah circuit) and I'm thinking the Willy's version with the dual TL064's might be a little smaller than the quad TL062 version. I'm tight on space!!! (I know there is a perf version in the layouts but I wanted to make it via PCB).

:icon_lol:

oldrocker

Sorry I never heard of Willy's effects but the one on GEO seems fairly small although I don't know if it will fit where you're going to put it.  The two quad amps might be smaller but not by a huge amount.  I would try finding the size of PCB you'll need and layout the components on it to see if they'll fit on there.  Of course then you have to do your own layout for it.  Maybe squeeze the four duel opamps tightly together.  I did that when I added a Flatline compressoer into a portable bass headphone amp I was building.  Of course an Easyvibe would be more complicated.
I used 2 TL072's and 2 TL082's since it's what I had laying around at the time.  It sounds great although the perf was messy since space wasn't a problem for me.  If you want a good laugh check out the picture of my sloppy EZvibe.  Again sorry I couldn't be more help.   Good luck with your project.
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=Easyvibe_1156334381-422-13241.jpg

vanessa

That's what I'm concerned about. Perf/Vero layouts that start to get larger in size are a pain to troubleshoot. I'm not a surgeon with a soldering iron...  :icon_sad:

The Willies PCB layout was up on John's site but the link is dead. I tried to do an Archive.org search and nothing comes up. Some members here talked about having built theirs from this layout. I'm hoping that someone still has this laying around.

http://www.hollis.co.uk/john/circuits.html

R.G.

QuoteDoes anyone still have a copy of this? I wanted to put this into a wah pedal (with the wah circuit) and I'm thinking the Willy's version with the dual TL064's might be a little smaller than the quad TL062 version.
The GEO layout is not a lot larger than the footprint area of the components themselves laying flat. Some, but not much. I think you'd have to go to double sided to get the parts a lot closer together.

One might be able to make it smaller by standing up the resistors and using axial ceramic caps to get smaller footprints. This will make it taller, but less area.

It's been my experience that two dual opamps produce a smaller overall circuit board than one quad because the place-to-place wiring and signal/circuit flow is simpler, and there are more small subcircuits that can be moved around, so the layout is more flexible as regards space.

Just curious, did you mean that you are leaving the wah circuit inside the wah pedal as well as putting the phaser in?

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

slacker

I know you said you wanted a PCB layout, but I've done a vero layout using 2 quads. It's about 5cm x 6cm, it's here if you're interested http://aronnelson.com/gallery/slackers-stuff/easyvibeboard_final

skiraly017

I was waiting for Roobin to list this as verified and it looks like he has.

Maybe This One?
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Aharon

I have Willy's layout for the Easyvibe,sadly it's a hardcopy...I would have to scan it and I'm not sure my scanner works,I haven't used it in ages.Willy is a great guitar player,I wonder if he still comes to the forum?. :icon_question:
I built two Easyvibes with this layout and it's great.
Aharon
Aharon

Roobin

Quote from: skiraly017 on November 20, 2006, 04:19:53 PM
I was waiting for Roobin to list this as verified and it looks like he has.

Maybe This One?

Yeh, I'm pretty sure its all OK. Someone built one (Unfortunately, I uploaded a new version and lost the old comment! Sorry!) and it worked well.

Perhaps ill try and make al the resistors stand on end... may be a bit hard, esp since my pc is slow, and there are loads of parts!

BTW RG, was it ok that I used your layout as a basis for mine? It's just I wanted to convert it to a DIY Layout.

shanter

I re-layed out the easyvibe in expressPCB if you are interested. you can change the the thickness of the lines all you want. Catch is that the board is 2 sided and unverified.