Tube Reamer (v2) help

Started by jayp5150, November 21, 2006, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayp5150

I just finished my Tube Reamer (version 2) the other day, and it sounded great, but then my 3pdt switch died, so I swapped in the only thing I had on hand, which was a carling dpdt, and since I already had a hole for the LED, just used Joe Davisson's LED trick. 

Since then, It has had this odd slightly gate-y overtone in the background on attack and during sustain.  Could have the LED thing caused this?  I used it in my sparkleboost with no ill effects.  I even tried swapping a few different ic's, but they all do it (however, I did find that the Analog Devices OP270 was the creamiest of the few I had on hand--but anyway...).  Pin voltages are as follows:

Battery voltage - 9.13
1- 4.69
2- 4.73
3- 2.38
4- 0.00
5- 4.68
6- 4.68
7- 4.67
8- 9.11

Anything seem fishy there?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  I guess if eveything seems normal, I'll whip out the audio probe.

jayp5150

*bump*

Sorry, guys, but I'm at a loss here.  I'm not coming up with anything.  I scrapped the LED and rewired the switch, and the same thing is happening.  Anybody able to tell if those voltages look ok?

I really do appreciate the help.

Thanks.

lovekraft0

Well, pin 3 looks suspicious - it should be right around 4.5volts, since it's hooked directly to the supply divider through the 1 Meg.