transistor subs

Started by Barcode80, November 24, 2006, 08:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

i have a few fried trannies on an old pedal i have and the part numbers are pretty odd. i was wondering if anyone might be able to shed light on some subs for them.

here are the parts and what little info i have:

K30A = NPN JFET, possible sub of NTE458
C2458 = NPN transistor, possible sub of NTE85
C2240 = NPN transistor, possible sub of NTE90

so, i've listed what subs mouser lists as cross-referenced parts for these, as i noted above. i'm just not sure about them. plus, i would rather find equivalents i can order from steve or aron or ppp so i can support small merchants instead of mouser or digikey. any thoughts?

Mark F

I would get the datasheets for the NTE subs and look for subs with similar specs @ Steve's or Mouser etc. You should try to obtain the Spec Sheets for the original parts as NTE are sometimes not that good of a match. NTE parts are also much more costly in alot of cases.

R.G.

K30A = Nchnnel JFET = 2SK30A; direct sub, 2SK117, usually OK is 2N5485.
C2458 = NPN transistor; I bet a 2N3904 or 2N5088 will work.
C2240 = high gain, low noise NPN. Try a 2N5088.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Barcode80

once again, mr. keen to the rescue! i thought the "usual suspect" trannies would probably work, but hearing it from the master i'm sure of it :) gotta order some 2n5485's...

would j201 work?