Doug Hammond's Highway 89 PCB Layout

Started by stumper1, November 29, 2006, 05:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper1

Just finished a PCB layout for Doug Hammond's Highway 89.  It is NOT yet verified.  If you see any errors please post them here.  Once verified I'll upload the layout to Bancika's layout gallery.  I am etching a board right now........

Deric®

markm

ummm,
You may want to clear this with Doug first if you haven't already done so as to my knowledge, he really doesn't want this posted around which is why he requests that you e-mail him for the schematic.

MartyMart

He's left out all the values , so perhaps that's OK .... please Ask Doug though :D

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

stumper1

Mark,

Got the OK from Doug first. ;)  I didn't post any values with the layout but the component numbers do jive with his schematic.  Still have to get that from Doug. 8)
Deric®

markm

stumper1

Doug,

THANK YOU!!  Just wired it up.  This could very easily become my main OD.  Never heard a pedal with this much gain clean up so well with the guitar volume control.  The tone controls seem subtle but function well - what taper do you suggest for them?  I used linear taper for the gain and tone controls and audio for the level.

Great design!  Thanks again.

Deric

By the way - the layout is VERIFIED.
Deric®

Doug_H

Deric, congrats and I'm glad you like it. :icon_wink:

IIRC, all the pots I used were audio taper.

modsquad

Damn, where were you a month ago when I built this.  I do like the HWY89 though. :icon_mrgreen:
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

i2k

Quote from: stumper1 on November 30, 2006, 12:58:44 AM
By the way - the layout is VERIFIED.

Do you have the layout without the components, so we can print it directly to PnP  ?

stumper1

I uploaded the layout to Bancika's web-site.  Not sure if it's posted yet.  You can PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the file.  You'll still need Bancika's software to open it.
Deric®

i2k