Simple pedal order switcher?

Started by Taylor, November 29, 2006, 10:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

So, I would really like to have a box like this for switching pedal order:

http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BGWI&Product_Code=VE-MISC-RHOK-SCRAMBLO&Category_Code=VE-MISC

But, all my effects are stereo. So I'd like to make a loop box where the order of my effects would be switchable, with a buffer at the beginning, and a booster on one of the loops (I use a Nord Micro Modular as an effect, but it needs a line level signal). It would probably be 2 separate paths with separate switching, otherwise I think I'd be getting into some pretty ridiculous switches, to attach 2 ins to any of four pairs of outs.

So, basically, 2 of those Rhok Scramblos next to each other, with a buffer at the inputs and a boost on one loop. My question for you nice folks is what sort of switches I need, and would I need something to step down the signal after the Nord, so I wouldn't get any weird gain drops or increases depending on where in the chain I put it? Would it make more sense to just put a boost with a volume control on each loop? Thanks.

I think I'll use the name Scramblo on mine, as well; it's far too awesome not to.