Need help! 4053 + Leds

Started by SuperGeo, December 03, 2006, 11:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGeo

Hello

I built the ROG's Double D, and used the Geofex 4053 switching for the channel (Jiggle / Bounce) changing. So I switch channels with an dpdt, conecting and disconecting the +9v from the control signal pins.

I also have another dpdt, that bypass the hole unit.

This bypass DPDT is wired with a millenium bypass. I didn't conected an led on it. I conected it's 'output' directly to the third input of the 4053, without any capacitor or bias resistor. And conected two leds on the outputs, one for each channel.

So, when I switch the channels, the leds will me switched too, telling me witch channel is active. When I bypass the unit, it turns off the led.

Ok, it works almost perfectly. The only problem is that, when I bypass the unit, the led turns off. Ok, but It starts to, slowly, light again, and in like 30 secs it glows like the pedal was on! Then I have to turn it on, and turn it off, so it stops glowing. An then, after 30 secs, it is light again.

Could you please help me to solve this?

R.G.

Sure. What you are describing indicates that the LED is turned off through a capacitor that charges back up. We'll need a link to your schematic.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

SuperGeo

here it is.

As you can see I basically I connected the millenium directly to the pins of the 4053