Switching and bi-color led question?

Started by boogietube, December 04, 2006, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogietube

I am making a channel switching box for a friend. Clean and dirty channel. I have a bi color led (2 leads) and another bi color led with 3 leads. I want to switch his channels and have either the red or green on . Green clean,  Red Dirty. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. :-[ :icon_redface: :'( I have both DPDT and  3PDT switches available. The leads from the channel will drive an led jusi fine with a current limiting resistor. I do not want to add a battery as there's already power there. Diagrams are appreciated as I suck at word problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

boogietube

Cool - but I don't get it. 2 leads come from the amp to a switch and the led goes where? Man I'm confused. Sorry.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.

RaceDriver205

OK first of all you'll have to explain this amp. So you say the amp-channel has a power wire as well as a signal wire? Is this why you can power the LED without a battery?

boogietube

OK - It actually has a 5 pin din connector- 2 separate channels with a boost on each channel and reverb-So, 5 wires. One ground and 4 signals each in parallel with a powered relay(inside the amp).  switches are:  1. clean/dirty 2. clean boost 3. dirty boost 4. reverb. If i use the common ground and simply wire to a spst switch and parallel both pole and throw with an led neg to neg and pos to pos, then the led lights up when engaged and turns off when open. I'm just using the spst as an example, I have dpdt and 3pdt switches. Hope this helps. I've re-soldered a switch and led's a few times and just can't wrap my head around it. Oh ya, I want only the clean/dirty switch to bi-color. The rest will operate off and on only.

RaceDriver205