EA Tremolo Veroboard Layout

Started by KerryF, December 05, 2006, 09:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KerryF

Heres a vero layout for the ROG EA Tremolo circuit.  I took out the Master Volume control because I feel that this isnt really needed.  Anyone see any major problems.  I will probably build this one tomarrow.

markm

I agree about the Master Volume, I did the same with mine and replaced it with a trimmer so I could set it and forget it!

KerryF

Yea.  Most of the time its a waste.  All pedal master volumes do are take away tone.  If you want to have less volume, keep your tone and turn down the amp.  But you should never turn down your amp... Turn it up  :icon_twisted:

mcasey1

I just replaced my volume pot with a second rate pot.  I think this is much more versatile than a half rate switch.  It a lot better to have the volume control as a trimpot.

Barcode80

hmm, tried your layout, no dice. wonder where the problem is. i hard wired it, no switch, and all i get is a clean signal. tranny pinout maybe?

pyrop

Quote from: Barcode80 on December 06, 2006, 01:24:50 AM
hmm, tried your layout, no dice. wonder where the problem is. i hard wired it, no switch, and all i get is a clean signal. tranny pinout maybe?
Most likely .. Q2 from top to bottom should be G S D
All looks good to me...
Are you getting pulsing led?

pyrop ;D

Barcode80

nope, nothing dynamic in the circuit (pots, LED) is working. i basically have a high part count clean boost if i have the trimmer wide open :)

pyrop

Quote from: Barcode80 on December 06, 2006, 02:08:22 AM
nope, nothing dynamic in the circuit (pots, LED) is working. i basically have a high part count clean boost if i have the trimmer wide open :)
Something in the oscillator is a miss then if the led isn't pulsing.. what did you use for Q3? Needs to be med - high gain to work I found.
Like i said the layout looks good so check Q3 pinout C B E from top.
BTW it is quite a nice clean boost too.

pyrop ;D

KerryF

Wierd Barcode...  I checked Q3 with the schematic and the layout for it is correct.  You put the jumpers and look at the NOTES at the bottom of it?

NOTE: Trace cut under C4
NOTE: Bottom jumper doesnt connect to C4.

Barcode80

yeah, i did all the stuff in the notes and i used a 2n5089 for the tranny. i'll do some debugging when i get home today...

KerryF

I just checked over it really quick with the schematic and everything seems fine.  I will build this maybe later or tomarrow to check it out.  Im finally getting to an electronics store today to get the parts to finish my Univibed Phase 45 and Thunderchief.  But after that I will build this.

Maybe when you get home and do some debugging, post your voltages here.

I guess while I am in here I will ask about J201 voltages I got from my Rusty Shovel, again.  Do these voltages seem like the J201s are mis-biased?
Q1:
D- 2.88v
S- 0.4v
G- 85mV

Q2:
D- .636v
S- 319mV
G- 0.1mV

Barcode80

probably more likely to get an answer for that one in the rusty shovel thread...   :icon_lol:

KerryF

Torchy- I already saw that one, but wanted to do my own layout  :icon_biggrin:

Barcode- I posted it in there, but got no response.

Barcode80

okay, my build is totally screwed! my voltages on q1 are (top to bottom) 2.2, 8.85, and 2.2.  that's problem #1. problem #2 is no voltage to q3 and q2 is top to bottom .15, .03, and 0. VERY screwed up. i may desolder and salvage and just build the bigger layout when i get more vero