Thunderchief and BSIAB2 owners......

Started by powerplayj, December 05, 2006, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerplayj

Any of you played some of the latest boutique-ish offerings (Box of Rock, Crunch Box, etc.) to see how your DIY circuit compares?  I was just curious how the DIY amp emulators stack up with the some of the highly regarded commercial pedals.
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

modsquad

A lot of the "highly regarded" commercial pedals are based on the same circuitry that many of us have used here. 
"Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light, not because he is afraid of the dark but because the dark is afraid of him"

powerplayj

I just sprung for the MI Audio Crunch Box for a Christmas present to myself.  I ran into a lull of what to pedal build next and contemplated building amps but, in the end decided to see what all the hype was about with a pedal on the other side of DIY.  I'm curious what this thing sounds like next to the BSIAB2, Thunderchief, Dist+, etc. and plan to report back after Christmas......
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

RaceDriver205

Quotenext build(s):   ????
I don't see a chorus on the list!  ;)