Tolerance - Thanks

Started by WGTP, December 06, 2006, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGTP

I was looking back at some old posts of mine and I just want to thank you all for being so tolerant.  No one ever said "you dumb ass, you haven't a clue what your talking about and you can't spell either."  Be careful if you see one of mine, chances are good I didn't really know what I was talking about.   :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

markm

Does this mean we should ignore this post as well?  :icon_lol:
Just kidding....I never had any issues with you that I know of.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: WGTP on December 06, 2006, 10:38:10 AM
I was looking back at some old posts of mine and I just want to thank you all for being so tolerant.  No one ever said "you dumb ass, you haven't a clue what your talking about and you can't spell either."  Be careful if you see one of mine, chances are good I didn't really know what I was talking about.   :icon_cool:

That's what happens when a web-forum makes its focus that of learning and sharing rather than showing off or judging.  Funny how that works, eh? :icon_wink:

MartyMart

Your joking .... right ?
I found some VERY old posts when you used your "full" name, but that was a LOONG time ago :D
I agree with Mark on the whole !

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

WGTP

Referencing R.G.s comments in the Fuzz Face Rant by Gus (they are 2 of the folks I'm talking about putting up with me) I think there is probably a typical cycle that people go thru when they arrive here with various levels of electicronics knowledge.  You stick around and there is a tremendous amout of information - science , secrets mojo and magic to learn and as Ms. Bailey said way back in highschool, the more you think you know, the less you probably really know.  The more you realize you don't know, the more you probably really know.

Stereotype Warning.  I notice there are lots of Bass players here, and in my experience, they seem to be slightly less flacky and more technically minded than us guitar players.  Plus they have better social skills because they don't spend as many hours in their bedrooms practicing alone.   :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

R.G.

QuoteReferencing R.G.s comments in the Fuzz Face Rant by Gus (they are 2 of the folks I'm talking about putting up with me) I think there is probably a typical cycle that people go thru when they arrive here with various levels of electicronics knowledge.  You stick around and there is a tremendous amout of information - science , secrets mojo and magic to learn and as Ms. Bailey said way back in highschool, the more you think you know, the less you probably really know.  The more you realize you don't know, the more you probably really know.
You're one of the ones that are mostly across the bridge. It was clear a long time ago that you'd make it. You even help bring the others along.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Barcode80

one day i hope to cross the bridge.... :)

and bass players, in my experience, are not a sociable as I AM  :icon_cool:

it is true, though. the heavyweights on the board are VERY tolerant of newbs like me. I even find myself getting frustrated by seeing the the same question asked by 20 people on 20 different threads in the same week. then i have to remind myself that no one judged me when i didn't really know how to find answers without asking, why should i judge these people?

i grow impatient with myself very quickly too. i just don't know all i want to yet, and the more i learn the more i think i don't know. so maybe i'm on the right track :)