Transformer for an old Morley PWB

Started by craggsy, December 06, 2006, 05:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craggsy

Hi there,

I have an old Morley (Tel-Ray) Power wah boost which is powered by mains voltage. Now I live in the UK and the pedal originaly was from the US so im assuming is designed for 120vac. So I wondering if anyone could help choosing a transformer suitable for UK 240vac.

The schematic states it needs to be 28v CT 40mA. I'm not bad at electronics but dont know much at all about transformers. Could anyone recommand a suitable one?

Heres a link to the schematic off the morley website
http://www.morleypedals.com/pwbes.pdf

Thanks in advance for your help!!

scotsman

Quote from: craggsy on December 06, 2006, 05:23:29 PM
Hi there,

I have an old Morley (Tel-Ray) Power wah boost which is powered by mains voltage. Now I live in the UK and the pedal originaly was from the US so im assuming is designed for 120vac. So I wondering if anyone could help choosing a transformer suitable for UK 240vac.

The schematic states it needs to be 28v CT 40mA. I'm not bad at electronics but dont know much at all about transformers. Could anyone recommand a suitable one?

Heres a link to the schematic off the morley website
http://www.morleypedals.com/pwbes.pdf

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Funny enough I posted a few weeks back about the opposite.  I have a Tel-Ray/Morley ECV that was set up for UK voltage.  I still have the Transformer and power cable perhaps it would work for you?

craggsy

What a stroke of luck! What Morley wah did you take the transformer out of?

scotsman

Quote from: craggsy on December 06, 2006, 06:07:23 PM
What a stroke of luck! What Morley wah did you take the transformer out of?

It was an ECV - I'm not sure it's the right thing for your pedal however. 

craggsy

Yeah I've just looked at the schematic for it. Have you mananged to get round to changing the transformer and if so was it difficult to do?

Cheers for the help scotsman

Can anyone else recommend me s suitable transformer to work in the uk?

had a quick look in www.rswww.co.uk and www.maplin.co.uk but not really sure what im looking for tbh  :icon_eek:

Cheers again

craggsy

Sorry to bump my own thread, is there anyone else that can help?