Tonepad Rat - need some help

Started by daydreamdelay, December 06, 2006, 09:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamdelay

I just finished what I thought was a nice smooth build only to find out I'm getting no sound when it's switched on.. the led lights up and the signal bypasses but otherwise nothing.

I went over all the connections and cleaned them up a bit, made sure everything is oriented correctly, have the correct values in place etc.. but still nothing.

I started poking around with my multimeter at the start of the red path beginning with the 9v input and I'm wondering if this is right..

battery = 9.24v
red battery lead at 9v input on the PCB = 9.24v
black battery lead grounded at input jack = 0v

I followed the red path from the 9v input to the first resistor (47) which drops the voltage down to 1.38v which is what it stays at throughout that red path.. does that sound right?

this is what I'm reading off of the IC
P1  .86
P2 started around .50 and slowly dropped down to 0, touch again a few seconds later it started around .20 and dropped down.. start again and it's .02 down to 0   I wait five minutes and try again it starts around .50 again and drops down.
P3  .01
P4  0
P5  0
P6  1.37
P7  .82
P8  0

i'm sorry.. that was just a noise

brett

Hi
sounds like you've got a short circuit to ground on the circuit side of that 47 ohm resistor.  Either that, or you're using a 47k resistor. 
Either way, the V drop across the 47 ohm resistor should be about 0.1 V (ie with a 9.27V battery).
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

daydreamdelay

uggh disregard.. I'm an idiot, I've got two 47k's in there

thanks for pointing that out
i'm sorry.. that was just a noise