The original circuit in the "Dano-FAB overdrive: :D

Started by MartyMart, December 07, 2006, 04:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

The FLANGER I tried was good. The only thing I didn't like was the "turn" at the bottom was weird - not smooth. Otherwise I would have picked it up right away.

I also have the metal pedal which is OK, but tends to jump octaves erratically and do other things at the wrong times.

tcobretti

The Metal pedal octave weirdness is supposed to be related to a dying battery.  It might be a cool mod to put a sag control on one of those.

MartyMart

So is the magazine article wrong ... we can't confirm that "Nadine" is the mystery OD ??

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

RaceDriver205

Well, I wish I new how do derive the circuit from my Danelectro Black Licorice. Damn SMDs.

Doug_H

For the price of a dano pedal, if I wanted one I would just buy it. Not worth building when they are so inexpensive, IMO.

RaceDriver205

Agreed, but the Black Licorice is not cheap here.

MartyMart

Whilst we're on a "cheap pedal Tip" I'd like to mention the Aria range from the late '80's
They come up on Ebay quite a lot, look for the "rectangular metal box" ones, made in Japan
the whole series is very good and they can be had for as little as £15 !
Of special mention, Chorus/Flanger and Overdrive get a 10/10.
Well, to be honest almost anything that's " MIJ " is quite good :D

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

theehman

Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

petemoore

For the price of a dano pedal, if I wanted one I would just buy it. Not worth building when they are so inexpensive, IMO.
  For those interested in 'that' circuit sound w/better housing and peripherals, building the whole affair [including non-SMD board] is a common option.
  BUM syndrome may become the most severe with SMD components.
  Then there's the old 'whats-in-it-syndrome', which is more recently called 'IGK', or 'I Gotta Know Syndrome'.
  Usually I'd rather look at the schematic than not.
  Buying one to play through is what I'd do if I needed that.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

nebucanazza

While we are on the subject of cheap pedals, have any of you tried the Arion Tubulator? I got it for $10 new but it sounds real good. Its a slightly modified TS type circuit...so I ain't building any DIY TS clones for myself ;D