Ibanez 99 series

Started by Gil, September 14, 2003, 06:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil

FL99 flanger, PH99 phaser and RC99 rotary-chorus.

How does this series sound ? Is it warm sounding, like the AD and early TS series ?

Particulary how is the RC99 ? is it any of a leslie simulator ?

Thanks

Gil

and of course... is there any schematics/layout for any of them ?

Rodgre

I haven't seen schematics, but all of them, including tha analog delay, sound pretty cool.... warm and analoggy.

I always hated how they were black (originally) with dark printing on them. Impossible to see on stage.

Roger

ExpAnonColin

I hate the way they look... but you left out the AD99 in your original list.  No schems that I know of.

JohnM

I have the FL99 and I think it sounds great.  It gets traditional flanger sounds and useable univibe, chorus, and even sitar-like sounds.  It has a mid-boost/cut switch and an "intense" mode, and both add a lot of flexibility.  I also bought the PH99 but returned it because it didn't sound right to me, like it was not working properly. (?)  All of these got very good reviews in Guitar Player a few years back if that means anything...  I don't know about schematics for them.  -John

swt

Hey John. Can you take a few photos from the inside, and send them to me or Rob Strand. We can trace it in a couple of days, with a little of your help identifying some values we may not see well...let me know.
sfeirwt@infovia.com.ar
Thanks man!!
PD: i have the ad99, and i'm about to trace it. As soon as i have news i'll let you all know...

JohnM

Quote from: swtHey John. Can you take a few photos from the inside, and send them to me or Rob Strand. We can trace it in a couple of days, with a little of your help identifying some values we may not see well...let me know.
sfeirwt@infovia.com.ar
Thanks man!!
PD: i have the ad99, and i'm about to trace it. As soon as i have news i'll let you all know...
I'll see what I can do.