This is my first time here!!! (another Tremulus Lune thread)

Started by Indoor Fireworks, December 11, 2006, 02:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indoor Fireworks

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

So I've been looking for a good tremolo pedal and I've noticed that everyone here rants and raves about the Tremulus Lune so I've decided to take on this pedal as my first project. I've got some experience with electronics, soldering, and modding pedals but I do still consider myself a "Newbie." Before I start stocking up on all the parts, I've got a few questions that hopefully you guys will be able to answer for me:

1. What taper should I use for the pots? Audio or linear?

2. I've seen a couple different layouts for this circuit board (one on www.commonsound.com and another on http://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/tremulus/tremuluspcb.gif and yet another on http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=42). I'm leaning toward using the commonsound layout but is it ready to transfer (ie: does it need to be resized before I print it)?

3. If I add the rate doubling mod, will this give the effect of one fast tremolo and one slow tremolo being used simultaneously? If so, the commonsound page says to use a 3PDT stomp switch, but can I use a toggle switch (sorry if this is a stupid question)?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing some input from people who have already built this pedal. And also, I apologize for my poor grammar. I'm sleepy and I've been studying for finals all day :)

John Lyons

Welcome!

All of the pots are linear
I would go with the Tonepad layout as the PDF will print exactly the correct size.
You can resize all of them if you want but a PDF is more foolproof.
The rate doubling mod is switchable so you just chose a fast variable rate or the "normal" rate available, one or the other.
A toggle is fine to use.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Peter Snowberg

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your builds!  :icon_cool:
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

boogietube

Build the tonepad one! Tonepad's layouts are great! You'll have less problems.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

mcasey1

I used the fuzz central layout.  The correct sizing for transfer is 30% of original pcture size.  You can reduce it in paint.

Indoor Fireworks

I think I'm gonna go with the commonsound layout because its smaller. But why does the parts list ask for two LEDs? It asks for one yellow and one red. Isn't there only one LED that blinks on the Tremulus Lune?

Indoor Fireworks

Alright! I have been neglecting pedal building for the past month because I had finals. Please excuse my absence.

I changed my mind and made my final decision about the Tremulus Lune: I am going with the Tonepad layout because I already have most of those components (including the LED/LDR) and because it seems to be the most simple. But there is something about the parts list that confuses me...

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=84

The parts list asks for two 500k pots. However, on the diagram, only one 500k pot is shown (to control "spacing") and an unlisted 100k pot is shown (to control "smooth"). Is this an error? Do I need one 500k pot or two? Do I even need a 100k pot? Also, if I want to replace the 25k trim pot with a linear pot so I can manually control the gain, what value should the pot be?

I hope to hear from you guys soon. I'm really excited to start this project right after I finish my BSIAB 2.

Thanks!
Jonathan