Superfuzz build

Started by greenacarina, December 11, 2006, 03:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan N

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave) on December 14, 2006, 12:39:49 AM
Without going thru the ckt, transistor 6 can't be right, must be short from emitter to collector???

Ha! I missed your post! Very good!

greenacarina

Hmmm...maybe this transistor is cooked? I'll try another one when I get home tonight. I am so anxious to get this thing working 100% it's killing me!
Thanks a ton guys!!!   :icon_biggrin:
Chris

greenacarina

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

I've learned an important lesson with this build...put the correct resistors in the correct places. I had a 1k resistor where there should have been a 100k.  :icon_redface:

Now on to painting and finishing out my box. Pictures to follow.
Chris

petemoore

I had a 1k resistor where there should have been a 100k. 
  You found that quick enough.
  *I used to be measuring every resistor prior to installing, and that was a good idea, it was...when you're too lazy to debug...pre-bug...troublesome, but not necessarily time consuming!!!
  It is easy to mizzareziztacode by one color line!

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

greenacarina

Yeah, I'm not even sure how I managed to do that but the whole process of building this pedal and scrutinizing the PCB layout versus the schematic and asking a ton of questions, etc.... has taught me a fair amount and given me a good idea of how things work. I've still got a long way to go and a lot to learn but I'm having a lot of fun!!!