Feedback sound ...

Started by Samy, December 11, 2006, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samy

I want to find an effect to produce a feedback sound, is there anything around here ?

Thanks

PenPen

This has been discussed several times. Do a search for something like "feedbacker" and see what you find.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Samy on December 11, 2006, 01:05:02 PM
I want to find an effect to produce a feedback sound, is there anything around here ?

Thanks

Real feedback, or something that sounds like feedback, even at low volumes?

petemoore

point the mic in a PA speaker..lol
  Turn the guitar amp up, add reverb, distortion.
  Use a semi-hollow body guitar.
  Clamp a little speaker running off a little amp sourcing your guitar output, to the headstock of your guitar, adjust volume/eq.
  Build a reverse pickup string driver...can't even think of the name...'feedbacker'? I don't think you even have to hack your guitar up.
  They sell em'...some kind of add on or pickup replacement thingy, don't know if they're active....but you install a 'string driver'...IIRC some kind of magnet that 'servos' your string.
  Pin the headstock of your electric guitar to the speaker cabinet at a 45 degree or other angle, hit a note. The cabinet must be vibrating sufficiently for this to cause infinite sustain via direct mechanical feedback.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Samy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on December 11, 2006, 02:28:31 PM
Quote from: Samy on December 11, 2006, 01:05:02 PM

Thanks

Real feedback, or something that sounds like feedback, even at low volumes?
Something that sounds like a feedback.
To get real feedback i know how to get it, but thanks for the tips anyway !  ;)

I found the Total Sonic Annihilation, i´ll give it a try but i´m looking for some more alternatives to compare.

Meanderthal

Just build an oscillator and filter out a little treble...
I am not responsible for your imagination.

Harry

There was a post in the past about this idea. Certain circuits (distortion/booster?) that are bent using a feedback line from the output to the input cause strange oscillations with the volume and tone controls of the guitar actually controlling the volume or even pitch of the oscillation!

aron